• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Boardie friends.  Anyone remember John Ivarone (sp)!  He used to post on Stan’s Weekly Express and early TBG.  He must have collected the best MLJ collection in the world!

On 7/8/2022 at 10:18 PM, sagii said:

Thanks Jared!

I see you're becoming a player beyond just Planets and Fox (which are of course, awesome).

Building quite the cross publisher  collection.

Planets and Foxes are great, but they're both hot right now, and hot=bubble, so it's a good time to branch out into other publishers. You can't go wrong with the Zip 13.

On 7/9/2022 at 1:10 AM, RareHighGrade said:

You've gotta love those early Zips.  The same poor girl was always about to be decapitated, or dipped in a vat of boiling oil, or electrocuted, or hung from the gallows or burned alive.

At some point the hero's just gotta move on. She's bad luck.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:50 PM, mustang33guy said:

I haven’t post this yet here I believe! Got it about 2-3 months ago, love this cover

B1AF9FC1-7D1D-4FB9-9CEF-89DDC3D5AEA8.jpeg

Yes, that's a great Novick cover.  It has it all:  Nazis, fanged Japanese, skulls, and a babe in bondage.  However, if the girl is an undercover agent, I don't understand why she is carrying her Secret Service ID in her purse when she visits the bad guys.