• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, RedGiant said:

Maybe not so tough🤔 I’ve got an idea, someone sell me their blue ribbon 21 then I can post how tough it is, then others can follow with their copies. Genius:idea:

I'd still agree it is tough, i've has mine for years, and can't say i see a copy up for sale with any frequency. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:49 PM, RedGiant said:

I’m really late to GA and specifically MLJ so I feel fortunate to have been able to put together the majority of the Blue Ribbon run (have added a few others since I last took the group pic below).  Many of these are low grade, which is okay with me. Figured I’d post here in case you see this and have any BRs you’d be willing to sell to help me finish my run. The issues I still need are: 9, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22.  If so, please send me a PM with info  

CB48A97F-26EC-44CC-AA00-38076D10F779.jpeg.76d119a28e66cfe8e41d57a65ba880a2.jpeg

Incredible my friend! I love seeing your dedication to completing the run. Not too many people try to complete runs these days. Can’t wait to see the final group shot!

On 10/15/2022 at 1:49 AM, RedGiant said:

I’m really late to GA and specifically MLJ so I feel fortunate to have been able to put together the majority of the Blue Ribbon run (have added a few others since I last took the group pic below).  Many of these are low grade, which is okay with me. Figured I’d post here in case you see this and have any BRs you’d be willing to sell to help me finish my run. The issues I still need are: 9, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22.  If so, please send me a PM with info  

you go girl!!!

On 10/15/2022 at 8:21 AM, Spyder! said:

Incredible my friend! I love seeing your dedication to completing the run. Not too many people try to complete runs these days. Can’t wait to see the final group shot!

Thanks friend. As you know firsthand - it’s more of a curse than a blessing.  Many days I wish I could be satisfied just buying keys, would be a lot easier and cheaper. Love collecting full runs, even if it takes years.  

Mark, that group shot is SICK! Great stuff! :applause:

On 10/15/2022 at 7:26 PM, Point Five said:

Welcome @Wazdakka. :hi:  Are you an MLJ collector?  

I just started - thanks for asking :). So far I just have an Archie #25 and picked up a Pep #54 today - my only GA books. Looking through the covers on this thread make me want to start reading the MLJ hero stories - the covers are awesome. The Shield stories I've read so far have been a lot of fun. Definitely looking to learn more.

Amazing, with 12 you're over the half way there hump of the 22 issue run! 

I'd say there are  5 that will pricey (and 3 of those being really tough as well ) it is doable. Good luck! 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:38 PM, Wazdakka said:

I just started - thanks for asking :). So far I just have an Archie #25 and picked up a Pep #54 today - my only GA books. Looking through the covers on this thread make me want to start reading the MLJ hero stories - the covers are awesome. The Shield stories I've read so far have been a lot of fun. Definitely looking to learn more.

Excellent! Those early Peps are great fun. I'm trying not to slide into early Archie collecting myself (as I've got a dozen different niches I'm working on already... :eek: ), but I do browse them a lot... they are utterly charming.   (thumbsu

On 10/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, sagii said:

Amazing, with 12 you're over the half way there hump of the 22 issue run! 

I'd say there are  5 that will pricey (and 3 of those being really tough as well ) it is doable. Good luck! 

It sounds like he's now got 16 of the 22 issues, which given that he started recently is insane! I'm collecting the #9-22 run and I've got seven issues... it took three years to get that far, and it felt like landing each one was a bare-knuckle brawl.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:03 PM, Point Five said:

It sounds like he's now got 16 of the 22, which is insane! I've got *seven*... it took three years to get that far, and it felt like landing each one was a bare-knuckle brawl.

I hear you :D

I've got 10, most of which I got before the jump in prices, the last couple were a brawl as well 

On 10/15/2022 at 7:07 PM, sagii said:

I hear you :D

I've got 10, most of which I got before the jump in prices, the last couple were a brawl as well 

Good counting Jon, last few are likely going to be VERY challenging, especially the 21.  I’ve been lucky to acquire quite a few (quickly) but overall they are nothing compared to your copies Corey. I’m just happy to have those I do.

Edited by RedGiant