• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I'm happy to say New Years Day has been pretty sweet!!!!! I've picked up 4 books today including some MLJs from our Super Pal Dale's thread!!! one could be considered a pretty rare specimen as far as MLJs are concerned!!! :grin::acclaim:
:popcorn::popcorn::ohnoez:

Don't want to steal your thunder before you 'unveil' it, but that book is considered THE rarest MLJ by Heritage. (worship) congrats!!

Thanks Dude!!!! :grin: pretty happy to have finally caught something on time!!! Speaking of Heritage they got one coming up here pretty soon I believe...no pic though last time I saw.

Just finished browsing all 181 pages, and have to commend you on some impressive snags from dale's thread guys! :golfclap:

I love that TN 24. Too bad about the resto... what a great looking book!

Thank you! Yeah, Gino got me to check it out. He got some great buys. I was going to sit January out, unless i got REALLY cheap deals on a book(s). But when i saw that TN #11, i had to pull the trigger! That one is a harder to find issue(and it was on my 2015 priority hunt list), and the reds on that one really pops!!

Agreed it's a great looking copy, and I was including Gino in my reply, he grabbed some great looking low-grade gold.

I've been thinking about a short sabbatical myself. I thought I'd slow down when Archer was born but 2014 was a big buying year. Unless something special comes along (always leave myself an out), I'm gonna focus on preparing for what is sure to be a brutal 4/15 even with my giggly new write off.

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

Agreed it's a great looking copy, and I was including Gino in my reply, he grabbed some great looking low-grade gold.

I've been thinking about a short sabbatical myself. I thought I'd slow down when Archer was born but 2014 was a big buying year. Unless something special comes along (always leave myself an out), I'm gonna focus on preparing for what is sure to be a brutal 4/15 even with my giggly new write off.

thanks dude!!! and that's an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME NAME BTW!!! (thumbs u

Hello i have a question : Pep 41 is the first Archie on a cover ?
No, he was featured on the cover of Pep 36 previously(his first in the title that 'birthed' him). But his first cover appearance was on Jackpot Comics 4 (his second appearance anywhere).

Don't want to steal your thunder before you 'unveil' it, but that book is considered THE rarest MLJ by Heritage. (worship) congrats!!

Thanks Dude!!!! :grin: pretty happy to have finally caught something on time!!! Speaking of Heritage they got one coming up here pretty soon I believe...no pic though last time I saw.

There's an image up now and it presents nicely for the grade. I could post a pic of my copy, but don't want to steal gino's thunder. Besides, mines pretty beat up.

There's an image up now and it presents nicely for the grade. I could post a pic of my copy, but don't want to steal gino's thunder. Besides, mines pretty beat up.

i think that is one brittle pages book I could live with! It presents nicely. :baiting: Gino, you wouldn't mind seeing Walclarks copy too would you buddy? I know I'd love to!

i think that is one brittle pages book I could live with! It presents nicely. :baiting: Gino, you wouldn't mind seeing Walclarks copy too would you buddy? I know I'd love to!

let me put my caps lock on!! MOST CERTAINLY!!!!!!! :grin: plus I don't have my copy yet so until it arrives I won't post a pic I don't want to jinx the mailing process haha!!! could never see enough of these my friends!!!

Edited by gino2paulus2