• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

RAD34BEB201525_15560_zpsghcsi7e9.jpg

I adore Katy Keene, what a great copy!

Thanks! My 5.5 was great, but I couldn't help myself on this one. It was going for so little money. You know ... kinda like the purchase you just made. ;) I'd love to buy the 9.2 on eBay, but the seller wants 100/point and that's waaaaaaaay off for issue #9.

In the commotion of last night's CC auction, and the conversations about the sale of both Pep 22s, I was able to grab two of Jamie Graham's books on the CL auction.

I upgraded my KK 9 from a 5.5 to a 6.5 pretty inexpensively...

and I grabbed this as a placeholder until I can afford a nicer copy.

RAD581C2201522_151250_zpszswqfgkr.jpg

^^

Nice place holder! I like train covers as a sub collecting category. Congrats! Didn't pick up any MLJ's but did grab a 'minor' Timely on C'Link, so I'm dipping my toe in the pool with that publisher.

In the commotion of last night's CC auction, and the conversations about the sale of both Pep 22s, I was able to grab two of Jamie Graham's books on the CL auction.

^^

Nice place holder! I like train covers as a sub collecting category. Congrats! Didn't pick up any MLJ's but did grab a 'minor' Timely on C'Link, so I'm dipping my toe in the pool with that publisher.

Love the Zip!!! and congrats on the Timely pickup Corey buddy but be warned the well, like MLJ, is deep my friend, so tread carefully or you will fall in (which is a good thing) hehe!!

^^

Love the Zip!!! and congrats on the Timely pickup Corey buddy but be warned the well, like MLJ, is deep my friend, so tread carefully or you will fall in (which is a good thing) hehe!!

Hey Gino, i know buddy lol . I will 'try' to keep focus on building my MLJ, Ace, and Looney Tunes first and foremost, with Fawcett being a close 4th. But occasionally, a Pre Code, Romance, or other publisher i'd like to focus on after gets in, especially when it's too good a deal to pass up and if i love the cover(the Timely fit those criteria). On another note, i did pick up a pedigree book graded by the other guys on CC last night(up grade so under copy may go) so i can't share it here, but if i have time before i head to the office this afternoon, i may PM you the image. Sorry you didn't get the WonderWorld. Edited by Sagii

^^

Hey Gino, i know buddy lol . I will 'try' to keep focus on building my MLJ, Ace, and Looney Tunes first and foremost, with Fawcett being a close 4th. But occasionally, a Pre Code, Romance, or other publisher i'd like to focus on next gets in, especially when it's too good a deal to pass up and if i love the cover(the Timely fit those criteria). On another note, i did pick up a pedigree book graded by the other guys(up grade so under copy may go) so i can't share it here, but if i have time before i head to the office this afternoon, i may PM you the image. Sorry you didn't get the WonderWorld.

Congrats I look forward to it and thanks buddy!!

Great thread! I was watching an unslabbed VG ish Archie's girls #40 (CGC has three or so better) with Veronica and Betty doing Gymnastics in leotards on the cover (all I can say is Archie made the right choice picking Veronica). The book was sitting at $55 with 6 seconds to go and I was ready to snipe with my $72 bid. When the dust settled $250 was the high bid. Gotta love auctions. That and #50 prove sex sells!

Great thread! I was watching an unslabbed VG ish Archie's girls #40 (CGC has three or so better) with Veronica and Betty doing Gymnastics in leotards on the cover (all I can say is Archie made the right choice picking Veronica). The book was sitting at $55 with 6 seconds to go and I was ready to snipe with my $72 bid. When the dust settled $250 was the high bid. Gotta love auctions. That and #50 prove sex sells!

yes it does imagine if today's bikinis were in the golden age archie comics then it would really take off :)

Yeah, I was one of the lucky one's to get measles, chicken pox, and mumps before they invented the vaccines...it was fun...

I also had my appendix and tonsils removed at an early age, so I never had problems with those...mmmm...ice cream in the hospital after the tonsillectomy...

Edited by tricolorbrian

Yeah, I was one of the lucky one's to get measles, chicken pox, and mumps before they invented the vaccines...it was fun...

I also had my appendix and tonsils removed at an early age, so I never had problems with those...mmmm...ice cream in the hospital after the tonsillectomy...

I had all of those except the appendicitis. Those were the days when kids were battle-hardened! :sumo:

Some recent grabs for fun and for the :bump:

Picked up this morsel tonight off 'the bay'. Decent price for a nice lower grade copy. It was either that or Met's Rockford, but considering I'm about to be raped by Uncle Sam, I thought this was the prudent buy. Thanks Bert ... wherever you are. :hi:

br20_zpsyadkuldz.jpg

Also got my coverless Archie 2 back from Matt. He removed the nasty spine roll with a dry press. Now this puppy just needs a cover.

Archie2CL_zpsz85znkxm.jpg

That's it for tonight. Happy hunting!

Some recent grabs for fun and for the :bump:

Picked up this morsel tonight off 'the bay'. Decent price for a nice lower grade copy. It was either that or Met's Rockford, but considering I'm about to be raped by Uncle Sam, I thought this was the prudent buy. Thanks Bert ... wherever you are. :hi:

br20_zpsyadkuldz.jpg

Also got my coverless Archie 2 back from Matt. He removed the nasty spine roll with a dry press. Now this puppy just needs a cover.

Archie2CL_zpsz85znkxm.jpg

That's it for tonight. Happy hunting!

Nice pick up! One of a long line of patriotic themed heros of the golden age( and he was under the same house of the 'grand daddy'' of them all, The Shield!

I love that first page to the Archie #2!

Me too (though someone thought Veronica looked better with purple eyes!).

a la Elizabeth Taylor.