• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

It's complete, but the cover and most of the interior wraps are detached. Well loved copy.

hangman8.jpg

:applause::applause::applause: Rare, rare rare!! Love it!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!! (thumbs u trade YA my incomplete copy for it grin:

Got this one from Dale at a local show a couple years back. Almost passed on it. Didn't know it was hard to find, but the price was right and I couldn't find anything I liked better that day. So I figured might as well get it. We don't get many GA dealers at our local shows. I always try to find something to buy when they do set up, in hopes that they will keep coming back.

It's complete, but the cover and most of the interior wraps are detached. Well loved copy.

hangman8.jpg

I think three of the stories from this comic were reprinted in LIBERTY COMICS #10...

have always enjoyed them!

8703639221_98741f4514.jpg

mm

hangman8.jpg

:applause::applause::applause: Rare, rare rare!! Love it!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!! (thumbs u trade YA my incomplete copy for it grin:

Got this one from Dale at a local show a couple years back. Almost passed on it. Didn't know it was hard to find, but the price was right and I couldn't find anything I liked better that day. So I figured might as well get it. We don't get many GA dealers at our local shows. I always try to find something to buy when they do set up, in hopes that they will keep coming back.

that's a great motto my friend!! and at least now we can pinpoint why this book is so scarce!! Dale is hoarding them all lol

Keeping within the Hangman vein, and proving that I clearly have no idea what the term sabbatical means, here is one of last night's purchases.

I have always loved this cover and needed the book to complete my Hangman run. While it's not as nice as the one Shield kicked this thread off with back in the day, I think it's an awesome looking copy. My guess is the detachment hurt the grade, cause aside from the bottom left corner I think it presents beautifully.

IMG_0135_zpsf79b4582.jpg

Keeping within the Hangman vein, and proving that I clearly have no idea what the term sabbatical means, here is one of last night's purchases.

I have always loved this cover and needed the book to complete my Hangman run. While it's not as nice as the one Shield kicked this thread off with back in the day, I think it's an awesome looking copy. My guess is the detachment hurt the grade, cause aside from the bottom left corner I think it presents beautifully.

IMG_0135_zpsf79b4582.jpg

:applause::applause: Welcome to the club! I was going to post mine in David's Quarterly thread, but Sqeggs beat me to it :baiting: . "Sabatical schamattical" lol , Sweet copy, congrats! Glad this thread has been very active lately.

IMG_0135_zpsf79b4582.jpg

:applause::applause: Welcome to the club! I was going to post mine in David's Quarterly thread, but Sqeggs beat me to it :baiting: . "Sabatical schamattical" lol , Sweet copy, congrats! Glad this thread has been very active lately.

:applause::applause::applause: +1 Love this thread!! Congrats on both books GPRG!!!

Here is one of those books featuring an 'also ran' villian from the golden age : The Skull. The Black Hood fought this baddie numerous times. I'd put the Skull up there with Lev Gleason's 'Iron Jaw' and Ace's 'The Clown' as a also ran with many cover appearances.(though i'm sure Iron Jaw is waay out front)

Top-NotchComics14_zps0ff365b2.jpg