• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Here is one of those books featuring an 'also ran' villian from the golden age : The Skull. The Black Hood fought this baddie numerous times. I'd put the Skull up there with Lev Gleason's 'Iron Jaw' and Ace's 'The Clown' as a also ran with many cover appearances.(though i'm sure Iron Jaw is waay out front)

Top-NotchComics14_zps0ff365b2.jpg

Those Black Hood Top Notch are my favorite of the MLJ. Nice!!!

Here is one of those books featuring an 'also ran' villian from the golden age : The Skull. The Black Hood fought this baddie numerous times. I'd put the Skull up there with Lev Gleason's 'Iron Jaw' and Ace's 'The Clown' as a also ran with many cover appearances.(though i'm sure Iron Jaw is waay out front)

Thank you. I feel they are underrated(along with the Mr. Justice 'Blue Ribbon' run). The Biro 'Zip' covers and early Archie Peps get most of the MLJ love( and deservingly so) but there are a lot of overlooked gems from the publisher.

Thank you. I feel they are underrated(along with the Mr. Justice 'Blue Ribbon' run). The Biro 'Zip' covers and early Archie Peps get most of the MLJ love( and deservingly so) but there are a lot of overlooked gems from the publisher.

Nope, no overlooked gems here. Nothing to see here. Just move along guys. :whistle:

Nothing too special to report, but I did grab the last two Ginger issues I needed on the Clink auction last night. $46 combined, and great slabbed place holders till I upgrade.

RAD0F71E20141125_152324_zps922zvy50.jpg

RAD0B8F520141125_152616_zpsgzlqh6pj.jpg

I love em'n Suzie's less popular 'sister' lol . Ginger is a really cool title. :applause:

Nothing too special to report, but I did grab the last two Ginger issues I needed on the Clink auction last night. $46 combined, and great slabbed place holders till I upgrade.

RAD0F71E20141125_152324_zps922zvy50.jpg

RAD0B8F520141125_152616_zpsgzlqh6pj.jpg

Nice!! I just love that title. Last year at a show, Harley had a run in amazing grade. Of course, they were all sold by the time I got to see them. :tonofbricks:

Not a copy to write home about, but one of my favorite covers and it was cheap.

What is wrong with photobucket?! :pullhair:

RAD7B32E20141024_115617_zpsce3bf8db.jpg

I just got this issue graded by CGC and now am the proud owner of the highest-graded copy. It's only an 8.5 though so I am at significant risk of being knocked off the perch.

I think this is a really underrated issue/cover. I'd put it right behind #50 as best Archie cover of the time period.

I just got this issue graded by CGC and now am the proud owner of the highest-graded copy. It's only an 8.5 though so I am at significant risk of being knocked off the perch.

I think this is a really underrated issue/cover. I'd put it right behind #50 as best Archie cover of the time period.

Nice pick ups Sqeggs and Doohickamabob! (thumbs u

Nice pick ups Sqeggs and Doohickamabob! (thumbs u

Gracias. I will post a photo soon.