• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

And on that note ... here's to a lovely day of MLJ! :golfclap:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, it's contagious... and the day isn't over yet!

Larson:

aae2c25c-1bbd-4bbd-b745-55e676ee9a32_zpsrll4vqsd.jpg

Guess we're going into overtime......Again, when compared to most other publishers, most of whats been posted here does not show most auctions. Yes, you guys are lucky and had the taste to know good stuff when you saw it, and got on board early. That is a killer cover btw Sacentaur. And a Larson to boot!

We had a trio of nice Pep 10's earlier, here's a Zip 10:

dfab0418-2708-47a9-9a8c-9639d308c20e_zpsggntpnsd.jpg

That one always made me wonder if that was a sly 'nod' to the Human Torch. The never dull, Mr. Charles Biro.... :applause:

Couldn't let the day go by and not participate at all :D .Change of pace a bit: Golden age Foreign variants(Brazil) of MLJ heroes The Hangman and Roy the Super-Boy. These guys were entertaining readers around the world.

Juvenil%20Mensal%2026%20O%20Globo-1942_zpsu917byz0.jpg

Juvenil%20Mensal%2030%20O%20Globo-1943_zpssjax6tm7.jpg

Those are very cool, Sagii! :applause:

Thanks Adam! This 'Title' featured various American super heroes on the covers (Timely, DC, )i discovered after doing research online after these acquisitions. The Timely ones are cool too, but there is one issue featuring Superman and the Human Torch walking arm and arm that i am dying to find a copy of.

Thanks Adam! This 'Title' featured various American super heroes on the covers (Timely, DC, )i discovered after doing research online after these acquisitions. The Timely ones are cool too, but there is one issue featuring Superman and the Human Torch walking arm and arm that i am dying to find a copy of.

I love seeing international editions. Do you know when these were published?

Juvenil%20Mensal%2026%20O%20Globo-1942_zpsu917byz0.jpg

Very Cool! (thumbs u

It is stuff like this that brings me to the boards every day.

I love seeing international editions. Do you know when these were published?

Thanks Bedrock, and Andrew. They came up on eBay not too far back, and i believe Alter Ego did a feature on at least one issue of the run that featured a Captain(Shazam)Marvel and original Human Torch cross over a ways back.

And AdamStrange, i believe from what's inside and the cover date, that that is the publish date.

Off to the office, will check in from time to time, i may post a page or two from the interiors when i get in, or tomorrow on my other day off.