• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Yeah, this thread is insane lately. :banana: How 'bout I throw in one of these bad boys?

zip22.jpg

I love, love, love this cover - had a chance to buy a waterstained but decent looking copy from Rich Muchin, but the price was too high and the moisture damage bothered me. It sold of course before I got a second chance.

:tonofbricks:

Here's my copy. As far as I can tell, the only work done to the book is a little reinforcement and color touch at the bottom staple and a 1 inch tear seal on the back cover. Was think about sending it to Matt to see if the work could be removed. Opinions?

zip22.jpg

Here's my copy. As far as I can tell, the only work done to the book is a little reinforcement and color touch at the bottom staple and a 1 inch tear seal on the back cover. Was think about sending it to Matt to see if the work could be removed. Opinions?

zip22.jpg

Tough call - sell it to me and remove the dilemma! :banana:

zip22.jpg

:roflmao:

zip22.jpg

I had a similar thought lol

If that is the only work done it would be worth removing if you are considering resale.

Though if you plan to keep it, the removal may detract from the appearance and it is fine just the way it is right now.

So for me the decision to remove or not would depend on what I intended to do with the book.

zip22.jpg

:roflmao:

22 is my lucky # if that makes a difference so sell it to me please :baiting:lol

Awesome awesome book!!!

Oh and sweet books everyone I like the path this thread has been heading in!!

Edited by gino2paulus2

I've got three of the four "Rattler" covers. Like to get the Jackpot at some point.

IMG_20130529_0001_zps2f7c4cdf.jpg

IMG_20131007_0002_zpsd08cbc6c.jpg

002_zpskz9p2is2.jpg

Love 'em all, Russ! (thumbs u

I think this thread still needs a little more PEP... :insane:

00be0d99-2e5f-42dd-b33e-abed95209381_zpse0f44ca9.jpg

Ok, movie was awesome IMHO, and what was going on here wasn't too bad either... ok, here we go: Great key David, wow, 1940, that's 75 years of the Shield. How appropriate this thread has taken a celebratory lean as late. :applause::applause:

Yeah, this thread is insane lately. :banana: How 'bout I throw in one of these bad boys?

zip22.jpg

I love, love, love this cover - had a chance to buy a waterstained but decent looking copy from Rich Muchin, but the price was too high and the moisture damage bothered me. It sold of course before I got a second chance.

:tonofbricks:

zip22.jpg

And Walclark, iv'e said it before, AWESOME copy of this book you have there. Considering not much has been done in the way of conservation/restoration, i'd opt to have Matt remove the work. 2c

Larson

100_1060.jpg

This cover has a early 'Marvel Mystery' vibe to it. Larson. You are the man!

Agreed....maybe like Marvel 6...

mm6.jpg

or maybe a Fox vibe...like Wonderworld 7 ...

wonderworld7.jpg

Larson

100_1060.jpg

This cover has a early 'Marvel Mystery' vibe to it. Larson. You are the man!

Agreed....maybe like Marvel 6...

mm6.jpg

or maybe a Fox vibe...like Wonderworld 7 ...

wonderworld7.jpg

Exactly! Beautiful books Bedrock, you see the similarities I was referring to. Your example would work to Adam.

Hawkeye

100_1163.jpg

Thats another one that made HA's 10 rarest MLJ list, and I agree. And when you do see one, it's beyond beater, more like ' life support' :D .great cover, and colors ( blues) :applause::applause:

I've really been enjoying these Steve.

Thanks - this thread has been great this week thanks to everyone's contributions.

I didn't realize how deep your MLJ collection runs.

Actually, I only have three dozen superhero MLJ's - many are pedigrees and/or high grade, so what I am missing in quantity I have made up with quality.

MLJ's are such great books...