• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

And here is my 51. Interesting book.... it's kinda low grade for a Crippen and the label says it is a double cover, which it is most certainly not (had to have been a major QC oversight).

I still love it just the same. :grin:

D3C449B5-DB15-43A7-9A15-A3770A545C8D_zpsygi5i5kg.jpg

very nice copy. You guys all take home the gold for these!

wow nice pick ups guys - I haven't been able to find any Suzie's recently to save my life!

Jason, welcome. You're the king of high grade Suzie's ... just the guy for this convo.

Do you know what the deal is with that double cover designation on the Crippen 51? I bought it from you right?

wow nice pick ups guys - I haven't been able to find any Suzie's recently to save my life!

Jason, welcome. You're the king of high grade Suzie's ... just the guy for this convo.

Do you know what the deal is with that double cover designation on the Crippen 51? I bought it from you right?

Yes, It is just a mistake. I should have had them reholder it but I got it onsite graded at a comic show and they wouldn't do it on the spot.

Really nice copy. Some of the Crippens have some slight moisture, waviness to them that down grades them fairly significantly at CGC. This is one of those copies. I like them a lot because of their higher grade eye appeal.

They did the same thing to another comic of mine at the time - this is also not a Double Cover:

topnotch43.jpg

Guys, just speechless! Hubba Hubba! lol beautiful covers and copies. And a Church and the (in)famous IRS collection? Bragging rights for sure. Love the talking Dog cover too.

And those later Top Notch's post 28, are tough in nice shape. I've been looking for a 31 forever. Love the motor cycle cover on that one, and the 'jiggle' motions on Suzie :blush:

Guys, just speechless! Hubba Hubba! lol beautiful covers and copies. And a Church and the (in)famous IRS collection? Bragging rights for sure. Love the talking Dog cover too.

And those later Top Notch's post 28, are tough in nice shape. I've been looking for a 31 forever. Love the motor cycle cover on that one, and the 'jiggle' motions on Suzie :blush:

31 has also been a tough one for me too. I had a really low grade copy that I sold years ago that I regret selling now, I was holding out for a nicer one doh! (never came!)