• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

The Amazing Boy Richie makes his debut in this pre Mr. Justice Blue Ribbon issue. Becoming a sidekick to Rang a Tang the Wonder Dog! Charlie Chaplin is the 'famous movie star' the two are coming to aid of from the hooded men, a common menace on a lot of early golden age covers(though he's 'Harly Shaplyn' in the story. Probably legal stuff). Richie was one of the earliest comic book boy heroes, though he didn't wear a costume. He and 'Tang would become a fixture in this title.Blue%20Ribbon%20Comics%206_zpsvx3zsxyd.jpg

The Amazing Boy Richie makes his debut in this pre Mr. Justice Blue Ribbon issue. Becoming a sidekick to Rang a Tang the Wonder Dog! Charlie Chaplin is the 'famous movie star' the two are coming to aid of from the hooded men, a common menace on a lot of early golden age covers(though he's 'Harly Shaplyn' in the story. Probably legal stuff). Richie was one of the earliest comic book boy heroes, though he didn't wear a costume. He and 'Tang would become a fixture in this title.Blue%20Ribbon%20Comics%206_zpsvx3zsxyd.jpg

:applause: Great stuff Corey!!! awesome book (thumbs u

Finally crossed another one off my 'top of the list' want list section (and it's been on my sig line for all the eagle eyed Boardies).

Blue Ribbon Comics #11. This cover is SO underrated! Damsel in distress, Full moon ( :baiting: Gino), Green(red faced)men, city skyline, body with knife in it's back, Mr. Justice's spirit form rising from the body, and all this atop a moving train!! (which is almost 'hidden' inside all the other delicious mania)! Some condition issues, but it's mine :cloud9:

Thank you Ted at SuperWorld !

Blue%20Ribbon%20Comics%2011_zpscbj8puae.jpg

Finally crossed another one off my 'top of the list' want list section (and it's been on my sig line for all the eagle eyed Boardies).

Blue Ribbon Comics #11. This cover is SO underrated! Damsel in distress, Full moon ( :baiting: Gino), Green(red faced)men, city skyline, body with knife in it's back, Mr. Justice's spirit form rising from the body, and all this atop a moving train!! (which is almost 'hidden' inside all the other delicious mania)! Some condition issues, but it's mine :cloud9:

Nice snag!

Now if only those green guys had swastikas! :D

Happy for you on this one!

jbcomicbox has the Larson, and I have a nice mid-grade... getting hold of any copy is a good thing!

Thank you buddy. If you remember a few weeks back you posted your copy and that spurned me to crank up 'the hunt'. Real nice one you have. And the thought of what the Larson must look like......

:D:grin: LOVE it buddy!!!! Super psyched for you on this one!!!! Great Great Great snag!! (thumbs u