• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Are you serious about the hacked account? With Paypal aren't you protected even if it was hacked? I was bidding on it!

Absolutely serious. The scammer will move the money out of the account quickly. You will get your money back from PP eventually, but it's a hassle.

A dormant account from a woman who had been selling children's clothes or whatever has about a 0.0001% of being legit.

So I'm just realizing that this book sold for about $2600 and hopefully no one was ripped off on it. However, ebay reported it to gpa as they would any other sale so it shows as a large discount to what its really valued at. Is there anything that can be done about that? Makes me wonder how much of gpa I should be trusting. I don't make it to a lot of cons so I have to resort to online sales when figuring how to value something.

Are you serious about the hacked account? With Paypal aren't you protected even if it was hacked? I was bidding on it!

Absolutely serious. The scammer will move the money out of the account quickly. You will get your money back from PP eventually, but it's a hassle.

A dormant account from a woman who had been selling children's clothes or whatever has about a 0.0001% of being legit.

So I'm just realizing that this book sold for about $2600 and hopefully no one was ripped off on it. However, ebay reported it to gpa as they would any other sale so it shows as a large discount to what its really valued at. Is there anything that can be done about that? Makes me wonder how much of gpa I should be trusting. I don't make it to a lot of cons so I have to resort to online sales when figuring how to value something.

I think GPA harvests the sales data from eBay, rather than eBay doing the reporting. You can alert GPA and they may include a notation indicating that there is some question about the sale.

It's funny. I stopped collecting Top Notch when it became Laugh as the teen humor didn't appeal to me as much and I though it was a good stopping point for the series. But I found an issue of Laugh 50 in nice shape today at a local antique fair and thought it needed a good home so I bought it. I really don't need another collecting focus lol.

Although, I agree with you, I have a few of them. They have a "look" and kind of grow on you.

A recent score. I collect these mostly for the Mr. Justice stories.

comblueribbon22_zpss1giaqzb.jpg

Wonderful book RM. I love the Mr.Justice character too. Congrats on the pick up. :applause:

This thread needs a :bump: and I have been a little distracted by my recent move, so I figured I'd share last night's pickup. It ain't the prettiest copy, but I didn't have one, and though the BIN of $35 was more than fair.

_57-5_zpsr1gu2mjp.jpg

Cool pick up, even in the grade, i know how you love 'Suzie'. (thumbs u

This thread needs a :bump: and I have been a little distracted by my recent move, so I figured I'd share last night's pickup. It ain't the prettiest copy, but I didn't have one, and though the BIN of $35 was more than fair.

_57-5_zpsr1gu2mjp.jpg

I'd take those all day for $35. Nice snag!

_57-5_zpsr1gu2mjp.jpg

I'd take those all day for $35. Nice snag!

+1 That's a really neat book congrats!!!

Although, I agree with you, I have a few of them. They have a "look" and kind of grow on you.

A recent score. I collect these mostly for the Mr. Justice stories.

comblueribbon22_zpss1giaqzb.jpg

Wonderful book RM. I love the Mr.Justice character too. Congrats on the pick up. :applause:

Hey now!! that is on my want list as well!!! Super Duper pickup RM that's an awesome book right there pal!!

When you get a second you should snap a pic of the wonderful Mr Justice splash this book contains!!!

Well I bit the bullet and went for it on these 2 in that recent Ebay sale. I presume some other of the Pep run ended up in the hands of boardies? I looked these over and feel pretty good overall. The 26 had a little more staining on the front than I had envisioned but the 36 is brilliant and clean. Bummer the cover is detached. Anyhow, here ya go.

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

Had the above slabbed. The 26 came back a blue label 4.0 with Off White pages and the 36 came back as a universal 3.5 (detached cover) with WHITE pages! I'm happy with both grades. The 36 really looks fantastic.