• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

Lighthouse makes a post for only the what, fourth time in four years, and you guys are hung up about some dude at a convention.

:gossip: THE PROBATION LIST

Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

It's complicated.

I'm more curious to why he's popped up in this thread, of all places.

Who knows? Maybe he's a lurker, and this was just such an interesting topic that he could not resist a compulsion to opine. Or maybe he got a wild hair and popped on over to see what is what. Maybe he's living in the hinterlands of West Texas, fighting Mexican drug smugglers and living off the land, only able to access the Outside world on one of his biannual Restocking Expeditions.

Gawd, I'm starting to sound like Chespirito, here. Better go ahead and leave it at that

You should have just stuck with, "It's complicated."

Lighthouse makes a post for only the what, fourth time in four years, and you guys are hung up about some dude at a convention.

:gossip: THE PROBATION LIST

Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

It's complicated.

I'm more curious to why he's popped up in this thread, of all places.

I'm curious as to why someone who shouldn't even have an inkling as to whom Lighthouse may be finds it curious that he's popped up in this thread, of all places. hm

She plays a lousy game of blackjack.

Yeah, she does not play "by the book".

Did not matter, Tom and I could not catch a run that night, even "playing by the book".

Still, it was a very fun evening :headbang:

You're cool because you know Steve. The board's reaction to this thread is nonsense. Your ducks are all in a row. You're awaiting competent responses. The whole world's wrong, pal. Why even bother? Sign me up, o' charitable one.

Hey Steve,

Glad you had fun - being that this is the Comics4kids.org mystery science thread, I wonder, what is your take on theComics4Kids controversy?

This board nonsense is a reflection of lackadaisical management at the old farm, and I wondered what you think it will take to stop it.

I have all my ducks in a row (licenses, IRS app, etc) all verifiable - and am waiting competent response from the other half of the 1%. We will address the public at shows and on panels.

I remember sitting at a dinner in 1999 with a guy with a big smile telling me about grading comics..

I am interested in your response as your comments are always taken to heart.

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago, Boss

Knowing Steve well, and knowing how big his heart is, I am sure he'd say that any "charity" purporting to help children should be open and transparent and give full annual ( or more often) disclosure of all donations incoming, and all disbursements of books or funds outgoing.

He'd most likely tell you to open the books to anyone and everyone who asks. That the path you've chosen doesn't work well with secrecy, obstinacy, snark, and obfuscation.

He's probably also say that having an up to date and accurate inventory of all items donated to the cause, as well as an accounting of all funds spent by the cause, is a great step towards trust and legitimacy.

Heck, maybe you can go down the list of the Board of Directors and introduce them to us, tell us what they do, tell us how they came to be on the Board, how often they meet, discuss and make decisions for the organization. They don't all live local to you, right? What are their roles?

I know that Washington State has a requirement to register as a fundraiser for any organization that has taken in $50,000 or more in donations. Donations include comics, cash, donated grading costs, donated tables, donated travel expenses, etc etc. Perhaps making a scan and posting a copy of your official registration as an approved fund raiser in Washington would be a good thing to do as well.

Mostly, I think Steve might notice that you promised a list of who you worked with at places of donation, and where all these books have gone, Specifically. He might wonder why you are forgetting about that.

Dr_Neff,

It would be one thing if you were running your own private business, but you're trying to run a charitable organization that seems to be lacking the "organization" part. That you posted publicly what should have been in a private message to Steve indicates that you may not be the right type of person to head this or ANY type of charitable organization.

Discretion (and good judgment) is just as important as Transparency... neither of which seems to be in large supply.

I kinda skipped through the 46 pages of this thread but just curious if this scam artist “Dr. Neff” has been popped yet or is he still stealin peoples comics, money and stuff … ?

Maybe its just me but when you start stealin and robbin under the guise of “helping children” … almost puts you on the level with Sandusky if you’re not already there.

We received $250 so far in 2012. So I did not feel the necessity to explain "where the money went" . I was just only now able to send the $850.00 of my own loot to the IRS to apply for 501 status because I have had several spine surgeries since 2006.

Greggy I never had access to that Action Comics 1 info as I was a civilian well into 2006. The posting was hacked and inserted info I never had access to in my position at the Company.

(SO) Steve would not have fired me in two years in advance. Additionally I have a non disclosure agreement with the CGC preventing EITHER party from speaking about the subject of my tenure at the facility.

we are giving away comics for free to improve literacy and encourage imagination. Want to help? Email me at comics4kids@aim.com, visit us in person at the store, or at shows. We will be giving away comics, grading comics and selling items of interest.

128239.jpg.38d7e610968609cc57da340aa9a02bb3.jpg

There I understand Steve is pretty busy and may not have time for a response, so allow me to make it moot:

All actual sponsors and recipients appreciate Comics4Kids, Inc. and we appreciate them

we are giving away comics for free to improve literacy and encourage imagination. Want to help? Email me at comics4kids@aim.com, visit us in person at the store, or at shows. We will be giving away comics, grading comics and selling items of interest.

I like that response so feel free to cut and paste.

Sorry but that's the biggest load of I've ever seen.

And I will be in Chicago and hopefully settle this mess once and for all. However, if you're as sketchy in person as you are on here, I'll make sure that EVERYONE knows about it and I don't see you getting any comics from anyone for a VERY long time.

So you posted the following link in Marketplace: Ebay sellers, etc..

Title: Spidey selling some tasties including Wolverine limited SS

http://www.ebay.com/sch/heidi.spidey/m.html?item=251106805485&_trksid=p4340.l2562&rt=nc&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

And I (like a dumas) click on it and the eighth auction I see has a picture of what: Larry Flynt and some Hustler girls! Are you freaking kidding me???

You "claim" to respresent an organization that cater's to children and strives to improve illiteracy within this country and that's the type of photo you place on your eBay auction? You want this community to associate your organization with Hustler?

I think there's something seriously wrong with you....

There I understand Steve is pretty busy and may not have time for a response, so allow me to make it moot:

All actual sponsors and recipients appreciate Comics4Kids, Inc. and we appreciate them

I like that response so feel free to cut and paste.

Where's the :facepalm: option ?? I'd be betting on the :facepalm: option in a landslide.

So far the only "recipient" that's been actually documented and disclosed in any detail to this forum would be you yourself. So am 100% positive you appreciate all the people donating money, books, tables at conventions, and trust.

You've PM'd me and talked a good game about doing the right thing. I advised you what the State of Washington requires of people who raise funds the way you are to register as a fund raiser, and that books and other items of value may count as "funds" for fund raising just like cash does.

I also mentioned that in order to be taken seriously and to begin to be trusted a good first step was detailed annual (or more frequent) disclosures of incoming donations of all kinds, outgoing donations and who, what, when and where, and a full inventory of all items, cash, and donations of value on hand be made available in a fully transparent way to anyone who asks. Then you disappeared, again.

Promising a detailed list of recipients, donations and contact information and then posting a half-assed of non sequitur organizations allegedly donated to with no specifics and including entities that have questionable connection to children (a "Technical College", really?) raises giant red flags for me.

You won't even answer what your "Board of Directors" do? How about their contact information? I would like to speak with them individually about their role and if they even asked to be on the Board. I am getting the feeling that this is still all run by you and those names are another smoke screen, especially given that some of those folks are on the other side of the country from you.

If you want to run this type of organization the way it is run is dictated by the government and by the public. You can't thumb your nose like this and expect it to fly. If you want to run a charity it's full, open, total disclosure at all times. Your organization doesn't get to have privacy, not if you want to be trusted and legitimate.

I get the feeling you think you are outsmarting people. That couldn't be further from the truth.