• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

I posted the press release:

Bates Technical College

Tacoma Public Library Young Readers Program

Jason Lee Middle School

Half Price Books Literacy Project

International Artist's Guild

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Black Canyon Boys and Girls Club

EDMS Middle School

Casa Grande High School

City Year Little Rock

Little Heroes, INC

Cancer Recovery Foundation

That's the entire press release? No mention of your organization or anything, just a list of names?

He thought you said "press and release," which is obviously entirely different.

Looks more like a "pull my finger."

Bates Technical College

Jason Lee Middle School

EDMS Middle School

Casa Grande High School

City Year Little Rock

Little Heroes, INC

That's the entire press release? No mention of your organization or anything, just a list of names?

My thoughts exactly! I figured there would be an official document with letterhead and all the info about the organization and it's mission and everything.

Not a "here's a list of places we've serviced" kinda thing.

Bates Technical College

Jason Lee Middle School

EDMS Middle School

Casa Grande High School

City Year Little Rock

Little Heroes, INC

My thoughts exactly! I figured there would be an official document with letterhead and all the info about the organization and it's mission and everything.

Not a "here's a list of places we've serviced" kinda thing.

It doesn't even say that! It's just a list of places. :shrug:

Neff, you gotta learn to answer a question correctly the first time. If you're not lying at every turn, you're doing a terrible job of showing it. For instance, in response to these simple questions:

Also, if I wanted to contact one of these organizations...say the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, can you provide a name and number? Perhaps I want to make a donation directly to them and you can assist in that matter??

you offer up the organization's Web site home page? Followed by some boilerplate to the tune of "yeah, contacting people first is a good idea," and a shout out for the Red Cross. :shrug:

www.choa.org

They have several places actually. And I do recommend that one contact anyone they are sending comics to first to make sure they want them at the time, you would be suprised who doesn't want free comics! Serious! :o

:whee:Also consider the Red Cross and Salvation armies in your area, sometimes Fire Departments but most not. They like stuffed animals and toys.

Seriously man, that's no way to answer questions intended to determine if you're legit. When people are trying to find out of you're being honest, an honest, direct answer is your best bet. When you replied with this nonsense, I think it's safe to assume most people interpreted it as your attempt to sidestep the issue, because you have in fact NOT contacted any of these organizations yourself, or donated any comics to them.

When you replied with this nonsense, I think it's safe to assume most people interpreted it as your attempt to sidestep the issue, because you have in fact NOT contacted any of these organizations yourself, or donated any comics to them.

+1

When you replied with this nonsense, I think it's safe to assume most people interpreted it as your attempt to sidestep the issue, because you have in fact NOT contacted any of these organizations yourself, or donated any comics to them.

+1

^^

Every other legit charity Ive dealt with would have said something like "contact xxxx at any of those places and tell them its a donation for comix4kids and they'll know exactly how to contact me and what to do" (shrug)

What Speedy-D said! :)

+1 ... Speedy-D for the win.

Come on. You've shipped out more than 1 million comics across 15 years, but it took you four months to come up with this back-of-a-napkin list ?

Does any proof exist (photos, receipts...) of these massive donations being received?

I don't know. I always want to believe the best in people, but something continues to not add up.

Comics 4 Kids, Incorporated

Mailing Address:

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017 Street Address:

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017

Registration #32609

Registration Status Not Required to Register

Corporation Name Comics 4 Kids, Incorporated View Details »

Other Names Used

Phone (206)327-7436

Fax

Email comics4kids@aim.com

Web Site www.comics-4-kids.org

Purpose Description Improve literacy, encourage imagination and participation in the comic book medium by giving away donated and collected comic books to children for free, thus reserving the field for future generations of collectors.

Federal EIN 20-2882260

Federal Tax Status Applied

Beginning Assets

Revenue

Program Services

Total Expenses

Ending Assets

Paid Fundraiser(s) Who Raise or Receive Contributions for This Charity

None reported.

Return to Search List

DISCLAIMER

Neither the State of Washington nor any agency, officer, or employee of the state of Washington guarantees the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published at this web site and shall not be liable for any losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information. Any person or entity who relies on information obtained from this site does so at his or her own risk.

Read more at http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/search_detail.aspx?charity_id=32609

Comics 4 Kids, Incorporated

Mailing Address:

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017 Street Address:

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017

Registration #32609

Registration Status Not Required to Register

Corporation Name Comics 4 Kids, Incorporated View Details »

Other Names Used

Phone (206)327-7436

Fax

Email comics4kids@aim.com

Web Site www.comics-4-kids.org

Purpose Description Improve literacy, encourage imagination and participation in the comic book medium by giving away donated and collected comic books to children for free, thus reserving the field for future generations of collectors.

Federal EIN 20-2882260

Federal Tax Status Applied

Beginning Assets

Revenue

Program Services

Total Expenses

Ending Assets

Paid Fundraiser(s) Who Raise or Receive Contributions for This Charity

None reported.

Return to Search List

DISCLAIMER

Neither the State of Washington nor any agency, officer, or employee of the state of Washington guarantees the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published at this web site and shall not be liable for any losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information. Any person or entity who relies on information obtained from this site does so at his or her own risk.

Read more at http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/search_detail.aspx?charity_id=32609?

Good lord, do you try to give late, incomplete, unsatisfactory and irrelevant answers, or is that just how you're wired? Do you have a press release or not? If you have it, post the bloody thing! Vindicate yourself on at least one tiny issue, for Christ's sake!

I can not think of how a (fictitious) business could portray itself in a less favorable light, without actively seeking the harm of small children. doh!

Why do I even care if you have a stupid press release? I could write my own press release in 3 minutes! Sheesh...

So the press release was just the names of some of the organizations you've donated to? That's not exactly what I expected...but to each their own!

A press release that states the names of the organizations is one of many releases.

I thought that was the question?

WTF does this statement mean?

This charity seem's fishy at best! And if it's not why are you so evasive and aloof?

So the press release was just the names of some of the organizations you've donated to? That's not exactly what I expected...but to each their own!

A press release that states the names of the organizations is one of many releases.

Google press release and get an idea of what they SHOULD look like...

Google press release and get an idea of what they SHOULD look like...

Let me respond for Dr (Not a real Dr.) Neff.

Blue is the color of the automobile listed for rent by the school of fish.

:acclaim:

Lighthouse thinks Dr_Neff is shady...

Whoah.

So is Dr. Neff the decent looking guy who was walking around at the Philly show with the decent looking blonde with the tatoos (ie. Heidi Spidey)?