• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

So what's the story about the Gnomes? I love a good story!

They are the first Conan books, published by Gnome in the early 50's. The stories are the versions edited by L. Sprague de Camp that would later form the basis for the Lancer paperback series with Frazetta covers that most people known from the 60's and 70's. Very collectible and very cool. (thumbs u

Now Brundage did not do a great Conan, but this is perhaps the worst rendition of Conan I have ever come across. The artist is not credited...from Avon Fantasy reader #8 from 1948.

002.jpg

Here is the same scene done by Brundage in 1934.

001.jpg

Not exactly Frazetta is it....

This should be in Hand in a couple days.

Probably the tuffest item I have ever tracked down outside of Blood is the Harvest!

Conans first Appearance anywhere "Phoenix on the Sword" Weird Tales December 1932

1232fc2.jpg

1232bc2.jpg

This should be in Hand in a couple days.

Probably the tuffest item I have ever tracked down outside of Blood is the Harvest!

Conans first Appearance anywhere "Phoenix on the Sword" Weird Tales December 1932

1232fc2.jpg

1232bc2.jpg

Great book! Congratulations. I love mine, it is one of the two items I own that I like the most (right next to my AF #15 CGC 2.0 blue).