• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,135 posts in this topic

I've owned nice HG raw copies of those two books but have never known they were REH stories.

Cool stuff!

Dang. Now I got two more books I've got to chase.

Brian, you'll need this too.

Just came in today. I am absolutely stoked at how nice (and inexpensive) these REH books turned out. It's rare that I actually agree with the seller's raw grades.

The JIM #1 is a solid 9.0 if not borderline 9.2, the other two are 9.4s. Now if I can find a decent Chamber of Chills #3 :wishluck:

Really nice looking books there (thumbs u Big fan of Metropolis' grading as well.

Yeah, I overpaid. Don't care. Would have probably paid more. BWS's best Conan work bar none. #143/1000.

I really wanted this portfolio set back in the day, but as a kid, I couldn't afford it. When I could finally afford it as a teen, it was no longer available.

Completely forgot about this set for years until I was recently reminded of it a few months ago. Ever since then, I've been searching for complete and an intact set that wasn't messed up with creases or water stains. For some reason, many of these were just not stored properly. Probably because it was so large and unwieldy, much bigger in size than the Treasury Edition comics.

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip out to the arts supply store to find a way to store/display these prints.

145904.jpg.95e30d034a74895672f2877533a9ce6a.jpg

145905.jpg.e5137d6264f54c8bbebcb0b8a8d1ece0.jpg

145906.jpg.62150962512c9633236a3413633575b6.jpg

145907.jpg.4fbb78f93fe6926aaf0e01dd110c660c.jpg

145908.jpg.049c6639f39e7a80d5256a4bf76d8076.jpg

The sleeve is 12x15.5 and I believe the prints are actually 11x15.
In the original art thread there were some talks about what portfolio's were the best, a lot of people agreed that these were pretty good. http://www.utrechtart.com/Itoya-Art-Profolio-Original-Presentation-Books--Portrait-Orientation-MP-15019-001-i1013916.utrecht

Yeah, I overpaid. Don't care. Would have probably paid more. BWS's best Conan work bar none. #143/1000.

I really wanted this portfolio set back in the day, but as a kid, I couldn't afford it. When I could finally afford it as a teen, it was no longer available.

Completely forgot about this set for years until I was recently reminded of it a few months ago. Ever since then, I've been searching for complete and an intact set that wasn't messed up with creases or water stains. For some reason, many of these were just not stored properly. Probably because it was so large and unwieldy, much bigger in size than the Treasury Edition comics.

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip out to the arts supply store to find a way to store/display these prints.

Thats a sweet portfolio. There is a color one also by BWS of R.E. Howard characters that is pretty cool. Very nice addition

I've owned nice HG raw copies of those two books but have never known they were REH stories.

Cool stuff!

Just came in today. I am absolutely stoked at how nice (and inexpensive) these REH books turned out. It's rare that I actually agree with the seller's raw grades.

The JIM #1 is a solid 9.0 if not borderline 9.2, the other two are 9.4s. Now if I can find a decent Chamber of Chills #3 :wishluck:

OK. I think I've rounded out my REH collection. Picked up this beautiful raw 9.2-9.4 CoC #3 today.

152571.jpg.f9f89d4be224e81beec98d72477d45c7.jpg

Cool stuff!

OK. I think I've rounded out my REH collection. Picked up this beautiful raw 9.2-9.4 CoC #3 today.

coc3as.jpg

Very nice Brian! :applause:

(Sorry fo rthe late reply but I've been away from the boards for a couple of weeks)

Do any of you guys read the Dark Horse Conan stuff? I'm a huge Conan collector have a full run of the Marvel series and working on Savage Sword. However, I've actually never read the Marvel series. I LOVE what Dark Horse is doing and curious what you guys think?

I've got the DH trades. Some of the best reading out there. A lot more mature writing than the original Marvel Conan the Barbarian title and much more inline with the Savage Sword of Conan series.

Do any of you guys read the Dark Horse Conan stuff? I'm a huge Conan collector have a full run of the Marvel series and working on Savage Sword. However, I've actually never read the Marvel series. I LOVE what Dark Horse is doing and curious what you guys think?

Oh the Kurt Busiek, Cary Nord and Dave Stewart team was god-tier stuff. I've got all the trades that collected their issues. So good.

:cloud9:

I wouldn't say the Dark Horse stuff is better than Marvel's Conan, certainly not the earliest CtB issues or the best Savage Sword issues, but they are pretty much the only new titles I get that I look forward to reading each month. I could drop every current superhero title and just read these if only they'd put out more. I'd love a Conan, Conan the King, Kull, and Solomon Kane title every month, as long as they maintained the current quality.

Woot. Another reason to keep the thread alive :D

I think this is like my 6th or 7th copy of this book. I just can't pass them up when high grade examples come up and they are so cheap.

147932.jpg.e5d4be887a2d01c3dca00c2e700d5665.jpg

The entire 24 issue run of BWS's artwork is worth collecting, just to see his transformation as an artist. Personally, I've only ever cared for his issues and the one Neil Adams issue.

Yep-those are the only Conans I own. Awesome.

Rogues in the house my fave.