• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

Another grail acquired! :banana:

Terror by Night (1934) edited by Christine Thomson, first edition. This is vol. 10 in the "Not at Night" series published by Selwyn & Blount in the UK. The series reprinted many stories from Weird Tales including authors such as Howard, Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, Derleth, Hugh Cave, Frank Belknap Long, etc.

This volume contains the first appearance of a Conan story in book form as well as reprinting HPL's "Horror in the Museum."

TerrorbyNight001_zps78fb6237.jpg

TerrorbyNight002_zpse733f290.jpg

TerrorbyNight003_zpsc684c51d.jpg

Another grail acquired! :banana:

Terror by Night (1934) edited by Christine Thomson, first edition. This is vol. 10 in the "Not at Night" series published by Selwyn & Blount in the UK. The series reprinted many stories from Weird Tales including authors such as Howard, Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, Derleth, Hugh Cave, Frank Belknap Long, etc.

This volume contains the first appearance of a Conan story in book form as well as reprinting HPL's "Horror in the Museum."

TerrorbyNight001_zps78fb6237.jpg

TerrorbyNight002_zpse733f290.jpg

TerrorbyNight003_zpsc684c51d.jpg

Thats very cool !! Congratulations. I notice the price (I think) on the spine edge. Its 2' .... any idea what that means ? I'm not up to speed on all the various english monies

Tupenny reviews Conan/Academy.

Most abused word: agency.

Most interesting word: doxa.

Worst chapter: stylometry.

Most abused discipline: gender studies.

Favorite chapter: Winter Elliott's Gender Dynamics.

Second favorite: Coffman's close readings of the texts & poetry.

Fan favorite: Jeff Shanks' history of it all. Yes, Theagenes wrote chapter 1. (worship)

Book added to list: Riders of the Purple Sage.

Books to keep on radar: Shane & The Virginian.

I'll be headed to DC tomorrow to give a paper on one of the Pulp Studies sessions. Really looking forward to it. This will be the largest Pulp session we've ever had, with five sessions and 16 papers.

Just for fun I've turned my older 2011 PCA/ACA paper on Howard's use of the Atlantis theme in creating the Thurian and Hyborian Ages into a video podcast. Enjoy.

Creating an Age Undreamed Of