• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

Happy 80th Birthday Conan!

1932-12fc.jpg

WeirdTales1932-12int01.jpg

I was looking around on ebay for some of these pulps but the prices are very erratic.

How much should someone pay for one of these?

Well it depends. Do you mean this particular issue, which is a key (1st Conan)? Do you mean Weird Tales issues in general or just issues with Conan and Robert E. Howard content?

Pulp prices are actually very stable. Any variance in price you see is likely due to the same basic reasons some comics are worth more than others. Grade, scarcity, content, classic covers, etc.

Happy 80th Birthday Conan!

1932-12fc.jpg

WeirdTales1932-12int01.jpg

I was looking around on ebay for some of these pulps but the prices are very erratic.

How much should someone pay for one of these?

Well it depends. Do you mean this particular issue, which is a key (1st Conan)? Do you mean Weird Tales issues in general or just issues with Conan and Robert E. Howard content?

Pulp prices are actually very stable. Any variance in price you see is likely due to the same basic reasons some comics are worth more than others. Grade, scarcity, content, classic covers, etc.

While I couldn't find any of that exact one, 1st conan, I saw some with sw Robert e Howard stuff, and some where hundreds of bucks for a beat up pulp, and some were not so much. I have never bought a pulp so I am out of the loop lol

Gotcha. Well here's a five part series I wrote for The Cimmerian blog a few years ago on collecting REH pulps. It needs updating but it's still pretty accurate.

http://www.thecimmerian.com/pulp-collecting-and-reh-part-1/

Very very helpful! Thanks a ton for that (worship)

You're very welcome. You should check out the pulp thread in Gold to see some really cool stuff and really very affordable compared to a lot of SA and GA.

Gotcha. Well here's a five part series I wrote for The Cimmerian blog a few years ago on collecting REH pulps. It needs updating but it's still pretty accurate.

http://www.thecimmerian.com/pulp-collecting-and-reh-part-1/

Very very helpful! Thanks a ton for that (worship)

You're very welcome. You should check out the pulp thread in Gold to see some really cool stuff and really very affordable compared to a lot of SA and GA.

Will do! Wish there was a pulp selling section here on the board because I've never seen them for sale in the normal gold silver bronze market place lol

The Guest of Honor at Robert E. Days 2013 has been announced and it is none other than Tim Truman. Sweet! :applause:

http://www.conan.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=10190

Robert E. Howard Days will take place June 7-8, 2013, at the the Robert E. Howard House & Museum in Cross Plains, Texas.

This annual gathering of fans of Ol’ Two-Gun Bob Howard is presented by the fine folks of Project Pride of Cross Plains, sponsored by the Robert E. Howard Foundation with the help of the members of REHupa, the Robert E. Howard United Press Association.

The REH Foundation is proud to announce the 2013 Guest of Honor is Tim Truman, artist and author from Dark Horse Comics. Tim is currently at work on adapting The Hour of the Dragon for Dark Horse.

All of the regularly scheduled events will be taking place again this year: the Howard House and Gift Shop open on Friday & Saturday (and for a short while on Thursday), panels of interest to everyone, the Friday night Celebration Banquet and Silent Auction, the special postal cancellation, the REH Swap Meet at the Pavilion, bus tours of the town + surrounding area, the Saturday night Barbeque at the Caddo Peak Ranch, plus (maybe most importantly) the gathering of friends and fans to honor the Legacy of REH.

Cross Plains Barbarian Days festival is also that Saturday, and the REH Foundation will host a Legacy Circle Members Luncheon.

The detailed information will be posted soon at www.rehupa.com and at the REH Foundation site as well as at Two-Gun Raconteur. (You can check out 2012's info at the REHupa website by clicking on the REH DAYS 2012 bar at the top.)

But now’s the time to make your plans on being there for the best 2+ days in Howard Fandom. If you’re a returning attendee, you know what a great time it is – and if you’ve never been, come to Cross Plains and find out! There’s plenty of room for everyone – it’s TEXAS!

Hope to see you there. We’re in the process of getting the details ironed out, so check back soon. Any questions? Let me know at 2cavaliers@sbcglobal.net.

Black Indy has spoken!

The Guest of Honor at Robert E. Days 2013 has been announced and it is none other than Tim Truman. Sweet! :applause:

http://www.conan.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=10190

Robert E. Howard Days will take place June 7-8, 2013, at the the Robert E. Howard House & Museum in Cross Plains, Texas.

This annual gathering of fans of Ol’ Two-Gun Bob Howard is presented by the fine folks of Project Pride of Cross Plains, sponsored by the Robert E. Howard Foundation with the help of the members of REHupa, the Robert E. Howard United Press Association.

The REH Foundation is proud to announce the 2013 Guest of Honor is Tim Truman, artist and author from Dark Horse Comics. Tim is currently at work on adapting The Hour of the Dragon for Dark Horse.

All of the regularly scheduled events will be taking place again this year: the Howard House and Gift Shop open on Friday & Saturday (and for a short while on Thursday), panels of interest to everyone, the Friday night Celebration Banquet and Silent Auction, the special postal cancellation, the REH Swap Meet at the Pavilion, bus tours of the town + surrounding area, the Saturday night Barbeque at the Caddo Peak Ranch, plus (maybe most importantly) the gathering of friends and fans to honor the Legacy of REH.

Cross Plains Barbarian Days festival is also that Saturday, and the REH Foundation will host a Legacy Circle Members Luncheon.

The detailed information will be posted soon at www.rehupa.com and at the REH Foundation site as well as at Two-Gun Raconteur. (You can check out 2012's info at the REHupa website by clicking on the REH DAYS 2012 bar at the top.)

But now’s the time to make your plans on being there for the best 2+ days in Howard Fandom. If you’re a returning attendee, you know what a great time it is – and if you’ve never been, come to Cross Plains and find out! There’s plenty of room for everyone – it’s TEXAS!

Hope to see you there. We’re in the process of getting the details ironed out, so check back soon. Any questions? Let me know at 2cavaliers@sbcglobal.net.

Black Indy has spoken!

Come through San Antonio this time. :baiting:

Come through San Antonio this time. :baiting:

Right now I'm tentatively planning to come to San Antonio for Worldcon in September. :banana:

There are plans to create an REH exhibit since he's one of the more famous Texas authors of SF&F. I'll probably be helping out with that and bringing some of the rarer stuff from my own collection to put on display. And looking forward to partying with Joe Lansdale. :headbang: