• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,135 posts in this topic

The entire 24 issue run of BWS's artwork is worth collecting, just to see his transformation as an artist. Personally, I've only ever cared for his issues and the one Neil Adams issue.

And the "Crusty Bunkers" issues? Those were awesome artist jams.....

Over the years I have collected a substantial amount of Conan cover photos/scans, although restricted to the first 24 issues and Annual #1 (=the Barry Windsor-Smith issues).

The collection is not complete, of today's 357 Conan the Barbarian #1 to #24 plus Annual #1 books I have pictures of 268 (= 75 %). Because not all books are ever offered for sale, and of course I may simply have missed some, the list can never be expected to be complete.

But no more sleepless nights! - Now you can FINALLY get answers to your questions:

1. What do the three 9.9 books look like? (#2, #7 and #21)?

2. Is there an #4 with perfect cover orientation/alignment?

3. I've never seen an #12 9.8, must been an error in the CGC Census, right?

4. In this short human life, will I ever see the single #1 9.8 belonging to the Signature Series?

And so on... ;-) You can find it all here (let me know if I can improve on anything):

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/runesr2/library/

15553.jpg

Replies can be made here, thank you:http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7757093#Post7757093

DH Conan is pretty awesome. The first Busiek/Nord run was great. The newer Barbarian title was also pretty good, but the Avenger book is kind of a bummer to me 2 issues in. However, the King Conan mini's are just up there with the best stuff on the shelves today hands down. Truman and Giorello are an amazing Conan team!

Okay, the last series called Conan the Barbarian. I like it well enough from what I read but it isn't the best series to come from DH so far IMO. I didn't read the whole series either, just 1-10 and the last few issues. I'll eventually try and complete the run though.

What about the Cloonan Conans?

I actually like the Cloonan run. Took a little getting used to after the book, but as the arcs progressed, I found the style fit mood and tone of the stories they were trying to tell.

FYI to any Barry Smith fans out there, there's another Tupenny portfolio for sale/auction on eBay. Looks to be great shape as well.