• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

Any of you Conan lovers pick this up?

http://www.amazon.com/CONAN-Windsor-Deluxe-Hardcover-Slipcase/dp/1467572152

I just got mine a week ago. It is very beautiful, looking at the entire Red Nails story in the original art form in actual size.

My only beef with this book is due to the size it is very heavy. You really need to be at a table to look at this.

I highly recommend you pick this up while you can.

I have one also and love it. It's so inspiring and amazing to think that that story is 40 years old now :o

Smith and Thomas are getting up there in age

I've thought about it. I already have almost all reprinted formats as well as the original ST mags. My favorite had always been Marvel Treasury Ed #4. By far, Smith's best comic work period.

I wonder why Red Nails has never been re-adapted like the other Howard stories? Heck, I think Tower of the Elephant has been redone 3 or 4 times already. You'd think Dark Horse would have jumped on this a long time ago unless the rights are tied up or something.

Have you seen any of the pages ? They are stunning !! They are amazing !! You can see everything from the white out to the pencil notes between Roy and Barry in the margin.

You should spring for one Brian while you can still get one (thumbs u

christmas20132_zps71beb5a0.jpg

Have you seen any of the pages ? They are stunning !! They are amazing !! You can see everything from the white out to the pencil notes between Roy and Barry in the margin.

I agree.

The pages are very impressive to view.

I agree.

Isn't this a limited edition print run ? I thought I read, only 2000 copies hm

I agree.

Isn't this a limited edition print run ? I thought I read, only 2000 copies hm

It is a limited print run but the amount has never been established:

Published by Genesis West in September 2013 (ISBN: 978-1-4675-7215-6, 14 x 19.5 inches or 35 x 50 cm for the sleeve, 150$, 132 pages). This book is a limited print edition and comes with an additional fully illustrated slipcase (see above), and is printed on rather thick glossy paper.

This was just posted on YouTube. It's the Robert E. Howard in the Comics panel from Howard Days 2013. It features me (Jeff Shanks), my buddies and fellow Howard scholars Al Harron and Mark Finn, along with Tim Truman, who has written the DH Conan series for most of the last decade and currently writes the amazing King Conan series.

As a special bonus, Joe R. Lansdale, who was in the audience jumps in a couple of times. Hope you guys enjoy it.

This was just posted on YouTube. It's the Robert E. Howard in the Comics panel from Howard Days 2013. It features me (Jeff Shanks), my buddies and fellow Howard scholars Al Harron and Mark Finn, along with Tim Truman, who has written the DH Conan series for most of the last decade and currently writes the amazing King Conan series.

As a special bonus, Joe R. Lansdale, who was in the audience jumps in a couple of times. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Thanks for posting this. Quite enjoyable!

I've owned nice HG raw copies of those two books but have never known they were REH stories.

Cool stuff!

Dang. Now I got two more books I've got to chase.