• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

I just sold my extra to a board member for $150 + shipping. I had a lot of interest in it.

HOLY COW............I will have to list my extra one. These seem to be selling for decent money over the past 6 months. Some are selling below $100 but some are reaching crazy money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Conan-The-Frost-Giants-Daughter-by-Kurt-Busiek2005-HC_W0QQitemZ300211873356QQihZ020QQcategoryZ377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting..............I might have to look at selling my copy now. If I recall, there are a couple of stores that still might have them in town.

Alright, this one's for Tupenny! Took your advice and blew some of my per diem from St. Croix. Won this last week on ebay and it was waiting for me when I got home from the airport last night. :banana:

WeirdTales1936_07sm.jpg

Ahhh, Red Nails.....Classic REH!!

REH wrote a letter to Lovecraft describing this tale's theme: lesbianism.

Brundage cpatures the moment with grace!!

THANKS for the post!!

:bump: for Conan!

I just picked up this great Barry Smith page last night:

Conan22Page2.JPG

Before you get too excited, know that this isn't original art from Conan #1, but rather original production art from Conan #22, which reprinted Conan #1. The story goes that Conan #22 had been solicited and the cover was at the printers when half of the original art pages were lost in the mail. The Conan editors were left in a bind and instead of whipping out some quick material, they decided to reprint Conan #1. To do this, they pasted high quality photostats of issue #1 on art boards and changed the bottom text here and there.

A lot of these photostat pages were recently up on eBay and I lucked into getting this one. This is the second page of the book, which happens to be the first story page (the first page was a pinup) with a very badass intro to our favorite Cimmerian. This is probably the closest I'll ever come to owning a real BWS page and it'll look great in a frame!

-Bob

Here are some additions from the recent Calgary Comic Expo:

A nice Cary Nord sketch:

IMG_7287.jpg

Plus a signed statue/bust (don't know what they are called as I don't collect them) for a whopping $25:

IMG_7291-1.jpg

I've got every CONAN comic book from every series and every REH novel.

Great collection! Do you have any of the Gnome HCs or some of the early WT pulps? Please post scans of anything you have.

Given time to work, Nord does some amazingly good Conan stuff. He is the best in a very long time.

Definitely. (thumbs u

Now all we need is for him to set up a website and to start selling his Conan OA. :baiting:

This thread needs to resurrected! :bump:

Here is a fun little $5 pick-up off ebay. In the late 40's Avon started reprinting a number of old Weird Tales stories in it's Avon Fantasy Reader series edited by Donald Wollheim (it's a digest-sized pulp). Several REH stories were reprinted in the series, such as "A Witch Shall be Born" as you can see here. Once again we have the Greco-Roman looking Conan that was popular with some artists in the pre-Frazetta days - a look that REH himself hated. BTW,The Lovecraft story in this one is "The Statement of Randolph Carter."

AvonFantasyReader010fcsm.jpg

Here is a fun little $5 pick-up off ebay. In the late 40's Avon started reprinting a number of old Weird Tales stories in it's Avon Fantasy Reader series edited by Donald Wollheim (it's a digest-sized pulp). Several REH stories were reprinted in the series, such as "A Witch Shall be Born" as you can see here. Once again we have the Greco-Roman looking Conan that was popular with some artists in the pre-Frazetta days - a look that REH himself hated. BTW,The Lovecraft story in this one is "The Statement of Randolph Carter."

Pinwheels....:cloud9:

Pinwheels....:cloud9:

Barely there pinwheels :cloud9:

Looks like from a Conan movie starring Errol Flynn.