• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Blue Universal 8.0 Action Comics # 7

47 posts in this topic

Poor man Tec 27 is tougher; 29 31 33 and 38 all compete. You could even say 35 if you were getting freaky. But 28 cover is just too lame compared to all the above.

I think saying 28's cover is "lame" is a little harsh. 28's cover can't compete with the above issues because it lacks one of the greatest comic book heroes of all time. 29,31,33,and 35 are some hard acts to follow (or precede if you want to get technical). For lacking Batman though I think its a pretty sweet cover.

38 is an atrocious cover in my opinion! 2c

Poor man Tec 27 is tougher; 29 31 33 and 38 all compete. You could even say 35 if you were getting freaky. But 28 cover is just too lame compared to all the above.

I think saying 28's cover is "lame" is a little harsh. 28's cover can't compete with the above issues because it lacks one of the greatest comic book heroes of all time. 29,31,33,and 35 are some hard acts to follow (or precede if you want to get technical). For lacking Batman though I think its a pretty sweet cover.

I think Det 28 is a real tough issue to find!

I think Det 28 is a real tough issue to find!

that is true...out of all the Tecs 27-38, it is the only issue I have only ever owned one copy of...all others, I have owned between 2 and 5 copies of, but only once, have I had the opp to buy a 28!

rick

Now posted in the CGC Gallery!

Perhaps I've become a bit too cynical, but I see something like this and the first thing I think of (and look out for) is, "How has this book been manipulated"?

(Disclaimer : I have no knowledge of this particular book - it sure looks purdy)

Perhaps I've become a bit too cynical, but I see something like this and the first thing I think of (and look out for) is, "How has this book been manipulated"?

(Disclaimer : I have no knowledge of this particular book - it sure looks purdy)

Hopefully at some point in the past somebody manipulated the cover back and read the first story. :wishluck:

Hopefully at some point in the past somebody manipulated the cover back and read the first story. :wishluck:

What ever good ole' boy.

R.

yeah...I tell you what JB, when you are ready to sell it, give me a holler...I know it has all that writing on it, dramatically lowering its value, but I will take it off your hand for you (along with your Aman 26!!!!)

:)

gator

You're always looking out for the other guy Rick! So thoughtful and selfless offering to take scribbled on books off boardies hands.

:kidaround:

What? (shrug)

:jokealert:

I agree -- Robins blows !! Nothing beats the pre-Robin Tecs....and thank god they never gave Superman a sidekick .........

I agree -- Robins blows !! Nothing beats the pre-Robin Tecs....and thank god they never gave Superman a sidekick .........

100% in agreement! :grin: