• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007/2008 GRADING CONTEST: Round 3

166 posts in this topic

Waiting on

r1970d

Comicdonna

Monkeyman

JonnyG

Lazyboy

Worldsbestcomics

blutobc

Redhook

ComicParadox

CarolinaComics

Kingofwhales

Halasraider

Shadow

AnfieldFox

Paladin

TheAvenger80

FlyingDonut

Waiting on

r1970d

Comicdonna

Monkeyman

JonnyG

Lazyboy

Worldsbestcomics

blutobc

Redhook

ComicParadox

CarolinaComics

Kingofwhales

Halasraider

Shadow

AnfieldFox

Paladin

TheAvenger80

FlyingDonut

They should all be given 30 lashes for making Nik type out their names! lol

With the help of my son, we managed to reply to all the pms.

Still looking fo about 20 to submit their grade for Round 3 an we can end this round tonight, hopefully :wishluck:

:o Back at it already! (worship)

I hope you heal fast. :wishluck::foryou:

Waiting on

r1970d

Comicdonna

Monkeyman

JonnyG

Lazyboy

Worldsbestcomics

blutobc

Redhook

ComicParadox

CarolinaComics

Kingofwhales

Halasraider

Shadow

AnfieldFox

Paladin

TheAvenger80

FlyingDonut

Copy/paste. No typing

Waiting on

r1970d

Comicdonna

Monkeyman

JonnyG

Lazyboy

Worldsbestcomics

blutobc

Redhook

ComicParadox

CarolinaComics

Kingofwhales

Halasraider

Shadow

AnfieldFox

Paladin

TheAvenger80

FlyingDonut

Copy/paste. No typing

It doesn't quite work like that Mr. Executive . . . try it using your left hand or your nose! lol:baiting:

Looks like we will have the very first person to take the lead solo after this round closes

That seems about right...1 person out of 140 with 3/3 perfect score...any mathematicians in the house?

In tribute to Nik I've typed this entire entry with my right index finger...got a slice of pizza in my left hand...

Looks like we will have the very first person to take the lead solo after this round closes

That seems about right...1 person out of 140 with 3/3 perfect score...any mathematicians in the house?

Odds of that are about 1:140 :sumo:

I guess that would depend on the likelihood of a person getting "close" to the correct grade. Let's assume that most experienced collectors/graders will usually get within 2 grades +/- of the correct answer --- the winners of the contest certainly will.

So, on a 9.2 book, there is a "range" of 5 reasonably accurate grades: 8.5, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6. So, there's a 1 in 5 chance of getting it right, with the allowable room for error, scan limitations, etc.

The chances of getting all 3 rounds in a row right are then: 5 x 5 x 5, or 1 in 125. So, it seems that having only 1 contestant out of 145 was to be expected.

I guess that would depend on the likelihood of a person getting "close" to the correct grade. Let's assume that most experienced collectors/graders will usually get within 2 grades +/- of the correct answer --- the winners of the contest certainly will.

So, on a 9.2 book, there is a "range" of 5 reasonably accurate grades: 8.5, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6. So, there's a 1 in 5 chance of getting it right, with the allowable room for error, scan limitations, etc.

The chances of getting all 3 rounds in a row right are then: 5 x 5 x 5, or 1 in 125. So, it seems that having only 1 contestant out of 145 was to be expected.

professor-frink.gif

To be fair to all playing, I will wait another 1 hour (meds are starting to kick in :cloud9:) for the players listed below to submit a grade, and I will post the results. If there is no answer in the next hour, then it will be a madatory time up Sunday night and post the results then.

Find these guys and have them shoot me their grades in the next hour, after that, Im off to slumberland.

r1970d

JonnyG

Redhook

ComicParadox

Kingofwhales

Halasraider

AnfieldFox

Paladin

TheAvenger80

FlyingDonut