• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Holiday Raffle - Claim Prizes

495 posts in this topic

Man, its 10 to 4, I just logged on and I thought There'd be screams of pick your prize at me...

Guess I'll relax like Nik and take some meds... :grin:

Nikos, how'd you injure your hand with the snowblower anyway? Give us the story while we wait... :wishluck::hi:

:juggle:

He updated his registry today so he should be wide awake.

Let us know if he writes back to you :baiting:

No, you're in "charge" so do it yourself, dork

Well, if I'm in "charge," I know who's turn I'm skipping over... :baiting:

Considering how long it's taking, King Dork Kenny will be back soon and he won't wrong me. He knows better. :D

King Dork here,

Now where the eff is MatMarvel?.. I never thought giving away free stuff was supposed to be such a chore! I am about to wash my hands of it all and let you guys work it out on your own..every man (and woman) for themselves. :kidaround: Besides, I think my King Dork Raffle Licence expired yesterday.

Ze-

I think we need to be patient. MatMarvel will be here to pick out his prize. A few have already had their prizes picked for them. It's not the way I would have wanted it if I was a winner.

I don't think anyone had their prizes picked for them so far. They left a range of presents in the order they wanted them (by priority)... like standing orders in case of their absence.

:juggle:

He updated his registry today so he should be wide awake.

Let us know if he writes back to you :baiting:

No, you're in "charge" so do it yourself, dork

Well, if I'm in "charge," I know who's turn I'm skipping over... :baiting:

Considering how long it's taking, King Dork Kenny will be back soon and he won't wrong me. He knows better. :D

King Dork here,

Now where the eff is MatMarvel?.. I never thought giving away free stuff was supposed to be such a chore! I am about to wash my hands of it all and let you guys work it out on your own..every man (and woman) for themselves. :kidaround: Besides, I think my King Dork Raffle Licence expired yesterday.

Ze-

I think we need to be patient. MatMarvel will be here to pick out his prize. A few have already had their prizes picked for them. It's not the way I would have wanted it if I was a winner.

I don't think anyone had their prizes picked for them so far. They left a range of presents in the order they wanted them (by priority)... like standing orders in case of their absence.

I just re-read the thread. It's christmas time so, all I,m going to say it that I'm glad I didn't win. I would certainly not be able to hold up under this kind of pressure.

Yes, I have a thought.

"Merry Christmas, Ze. Thank you for all your hard work to make the holidays a little brighter. The comics that we get from Secret Santa are the only comics that many of us will get for Christmas. And Merry Christmas to Ellen for the adorable part she played in this year's festivities."

Agreed :applause:

Me too! (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

And Kenny, I think it would be a GREAT idea to have Ellen pull the raffle winners AND their prizes next year. :applause:

:gossip: There are multiple picks made by the first 15 of the 20 winners. See the first post in this thread.

:gossip: I read the original rules, they have been changed once already, so was just a question. How many participants were there in the secret santa exchange?

Ello Pirate, sorry I missed your question. There was around 123 people in the Gift Exchange and several more added who donated prizes to the raffle.

In response to know one in particular.

This entire event was originally all about a few lucky people winning some comics. As the prize list grew, so did the number of winners. And of course as the event grew I received numerous PM's offering advice about how all the prizes be distributed(were nerds,people like to break things down), but in the end I just felt since we all cant be winners, those who did win should feel like they really did win something big.

I had originally only wanted 5 BIG winners because to me that is what a raffle is all about. But this grew way too large for that.

If I do it again next year, Ellen will draw as many names for as their are prizes donated. And she will also draw a prize number to go with each person drawn. In other words, Ellen will be in charge of picking both the winners, and what prize they get(all random) that way I can just PM those who donated a prize with an address of the person they are to send it to. With perhaps the top 3 names picked getting more items.

Hindsight that sure seems easier then the way this years raffle unfolded.

Thoughts?

:shy:

Ze-

The one draw back is someone might win their own prize.

:insane:

Yes, I have a thought.

"Merry Christmas, Ze. Thank you for all your hard work to make the holidays a little brighter. The comics that we get from Secret Santa are the only comics that many of us will get for Christmas. And Merry Christmas to Ellen for the adorable part she played in this year's festivities."

Me too! (thumbs u

And Kenny, I think it would be a GREAT idea to have Ellen pull the raffle winners AND their prizes next year. :applause:

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Yes, I have a thought.

Me too! (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

:gossip: There are multiple picks made by the first 15 of the 20 winners. See the first post in this thread.

:gossip: I read the original rules, they have been changed once already, so was just a question. How many participants were there in the secret santa exchange?

Ello Pirate, sorry I missed your question. There was around 123 people in the Gift Exchange and several more added who donated prizes to the raffle.

This entire event was originally all about a few lucky people winning some comics. As the prize list grew, so did the number of winners. And of course as the event grew I received numerous PM's offering advice about how all the prizes be distributed(were nerds,people like to break things down), but in the end I just felt since we all cant be winners, those who did win should feel like they really did win something big.

I had originally only wanted 5 BIG winners because to me that is what a raffle is all about. But this grew way too large for that.

If I do it again next year, Ellen will draw as many names for as their are prizes donated. And she will also draw a prize number to go with each person drawn. In other words, Ellen will be in charge of picking both the winners, and what prize they get(all random) that way I can just PM those who donated a prize with an address of the person they are to send it to. With perhaps the top 3 names picked getting more items.

Thoughts?

Ze-

Hey Ze. I just want to say that you have handled a thankless task with extraordinary grace and good cheer. I got a real kick out of all the neat stuff that folks put up and, still being kind of new on this board, I was really blow away by the level of generosity that everyone showed. Very impressive and in this day and age, unusual. As for next year ... I think the best part of what went down this year is how many people wanted to participate. So for next year I'd say the easiest way is the best way. Your suggestion of having Ellen pick the winner and the prize they get seems simple enough and it will be a lot easier on you, I hope. Anyway thanks again for all your time and effort. Happy and healthy to you and yours.

Thoughts?

Ze-

Hey Ze. I just want to say that you have handled a thankless task with extraordinary grace and good cheer. I got a real kick out of all the neat stuff that folks put up and, still being kind of new on this board, I was really blow away by the level of generosity that everyone showed. Very impressive and in this day and age, unusual. As for next year ... I think the best part of what went down this year is how many people wanted to participate. So for next year I'd say the easiest way is the best way. Your suggestion of having Ellen pick the winner and the prize they get seems simple enough and it will be a lot easier on you, I hope. Anyway thanks again for all your time and effort. Happy and healthy to you and yours.

Agreed!

Kudos to Ze and Ellen. :applause:

You guys are cracking me up(i.e...embarrassing me), All I can really say is that it was my pleasure, and you're most welcome.

I too am constantly surprised when presented with a chance to become involved, or donate to a cause the people on this board always step up to the plate. Be it for fun, or just being generous. So thanks to everyone who took the time to participate.

OK, Enough good will and cheer!.. People are gonna start talking.. :blush:

And believe it or not MatMarvel withdrew from the raffle. So I am going to yet again pick abother name to replace him. So everyone still has a chance to win.. again.

doh!

BRB

And believe it or not MatMarvel withdrew from the raffle. So I am going to yet again pick abother name to replace him. So everyone still has a chance to win.. again.

doh!

BRB

:o

:banana:

You guys are cracking me up(i.e...embarrassing me), All I can really say is that it was my pleasure, and you're most welcome.

I too am constantly surprised when presented with a chance to become involved, or donate to a cause the people on this board always step up to the plate. Be it for fun, or just being generous. So thanks to everyone who took the time to participate.

OK, Enough good will and cheer!.. People are gonna start talking.. :blush:

doh!

BRB

:wishluck: