• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,929 posts in this topic

In an effort to clear some more shelf space (so I can actually have a guest room again, before the Feb Comic Con;)

I'll be selling a lot of books, magazine types, Mad, Crack, and Conan type stuff. One lot, at a very reasonable price. Some older Mads, Crack 3, Worst of Mad #2, all in one ...PLEASE get these off my shelves;) lot;) .

Visitors and wise"cracks" alway welcome...

Around 9, I hope, maybe before.

So I just bought a decent size collection (around 3000 books). In it are generally nice runs of titles like Star Wars, Rom, Micronauts, Legion of Super-Heroes, Spider-Woman, etc. (Books appear to be unread, but were stored without backing boards in longboxes, so many suffer from bends in the books).

Is it worth it to pull these books, put them into runs, and try to sell them on the boards? Is anyone interested in some cheap reading material?

Any interest in a full run of Ultimate Spiderman? I have maybe 6-8 slabs and the rest raw.

#1 is CGC 9.5

New Grade? :devil:

Probaly a typo but it could be one of those lame 9.5s they had going for a brief bit.

typo, it is a 9.4

I found some books I'm going to try and sell tonight. All Bronze Marvel and DC books in MId to low grades approx 20-25 books. Prices will be cheap. There are some keys for those who Want the key book and don't have the pocketbook for them. There are some Adams books, Marvel Team-up #1, Marvel Premiere 15, 16, a couple ASM,s I found etc. Due to how cheap these are going to be I may put them in groups of 2-4 books to save on shipping.

IF this goes well I have a couple hundred reader bronzes I may put up for sale cheap as well. (thumbs u

Digging through some stock, I have come to realize I have a few too many books in my office and not enough space (October is all too familiar with my predicament :frustrated: ). So, I am going to have a $1 thread. Yep, I said it, a whoooooole buck a book (thumbs u .

Some I will have quantity on, others just the lone ranger. Most books will grade 9.2/9.4, some better. Shipping will be as cheap as possible and buyers will have the potential for discounted and free shipping rates if they qualify. Just trying to free up some room and some coin for future purchases (seem to be happening more fequently as of late with the economy and all (shrug):) ) . Anyhow, look for this thread to start on Sunday night and continue throughout the next few weeks :grin: .

Brad

The latest shipment from CGC should arrive early this afternoon and I'll be starting an all slab sale tonight. These will be mostly X-Men issues between 198 and 251 with some other titles sprinkled in here and there. Almost all of the X-Men issues are 9.6's or 9.8's with just a couple of 9.4's. The 9.8's I will be selling are #198, 201, 213 (3 copies), 221, 222 and 234.

Shark

At about 7:30, I'll be listing 3 (don't faint;) CGC'd books.

Batman 2, 6.0 with white pages and moderate P

Top Notch #9 (scarce in Overstreet) 6.0 Universal

and Speed #1, 6.0 moderate P

Start searching the couch cushions for spare change;)

Don't know if this is too early an anouncement but I'll be listing three SA X-men's next week after their replacements arrive. The books in question are:

X-Men #6 CGC 9.4 OW pages "From the Joe and Nadia Mannerino Collection"

X-Men #14 CGC 9.4 COW pages

X-Men #20 CGC 9.2 OW pages.

Thanks,

Casey

Get up and dance and I'll sing you a song

That was a hit before your mother was born

And though she was born a long long time ago

Your mother should know.

I have the following announcement:

I need to make 2 pumpkin pies and some cupcakes tonight. And get up at 7AM and brine a dead bird.

Thank you for your attention.

John

Your mother should know.

I need to make 2 pumpkin pies and some cupcakes tonight. And get up at 7AM and brine a dead bird.

John

Translation:

After I finish being kitchen byatch, I'll be drunk off my arse and selling sweet books until the wee hours of the morn.

:whistle:

Your mother should know.

John

Translation:

After I finish being kitchen byatch, I'll be drunk off my arse and selling sweet books until the wee hours of the morn.

:whistle:

(worship)

Never posted in this section before, but what the hell.....

I am starting a Thankgiving weekend thread which will run longer than my usual one night threads. There will be EVERYTHING from original art, CGC'd & raw comics from all ages, and maybe even some comic related material (toys, fanzines, book, etc).

The will be no order, so ya just might want to keep checking in :grin:

Happy Turkey Day!!!! :banana:

Starting tomorrow night: a HUGE stack of BA Marvels (some SA, too). New collection...wide variety of grades, cheap lots and single issues.

Here are some quick pics of the (roughly) sorted pile:

th_BA-marvels1.jpgth_BA-marvels2.jpgth_BA-marvels3.jpgth_BA-marvels4.jpg

Edited by mikeyriffhard

Uhhh, it's a bit late for an announcement but I started an impromptu Black Friday sales thread this afternoon. Some nice books are in there - Justice League #1, Funny Stuff #1, Brave and Bold #34 (1st SA Hawkman), World's Finest #19, Four Color #596 (1st Turok), a few 1940's EC comics, Planet Comics #72 (next to last issue), Wings Comics #117, etcetera......

Shark

SECRET INVASION COMPLETE RUN

This run will consist of all tie-in books (incl. SI:I), but no variant issues. The run averages NM in condition and are stored in mylar Archives and Half Backs. The sale for this lot will be posted on 12/17, when the lasts issues are shipped.

Secret Invasion: The Infiltration

The following issues were released with the The Infiltration banner prior to the launch of the Secret Invasion series:

Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1

New Avengers #38-39

New Avengers: Illuminati #5

Captain Marvel (vol. 7) #3-5

Mighty Avengers #7

Ms. Marvel (vol. 2) #25-27

Secret Invasion

Avengers: The Initiative #14-19

Black Panther (vol. 4) #39-41

Captain Britain and MI: 13 #1-4

Deadpool (vol. 4) #1-3

Guardians of the Galaxy (vol. 2) #4-6