• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,923 posts in this topic

Injury "Forces" Strange Tales Sale

Well, I was out and about the house building a new fence when I stepped to grab a board and tripped/slipped on the compressor hose and tweaked my knee :pullhair: There have been a few harbingers regarding working around the house lately, like this little gem...

chainsaw.jpg

Yeah, that tear in the jeans is from a chainsaw jumping. It cut through the jeans, the pocket, and my underwear. I was extremely lucky that it didn't hit flesh.

Anyhow, it seems that any projects around the house are on hold until my knee heals up a bit. I couldn't go to work with a bum knee and can't do mess around the house, hence the injury "forcing" me to go through my books.

I will be listing Strange Tales 106, 107, and 110 to 116 and probably a few other books - perhaps a few others likely on Tuesday since about the only thing I can do today is go through my comics. Life's rough lol

Well, I was out and about the house building a new fence when I stepped to grab a board and tripped/slipped on the compressor hose and tweaked my knee :pullhair: There have been a few harbingers regarding working around the house lately, like this little gem...

chainsaw.jpg

Yeah, that tear in the jeans is from a chainsaw jumping. It cut through the jeans, the pocket, and my underwear. I was extremely lucky that it didn't hit flesh.

Anyhow, it seems that any projects around the house are on hold until my knee heals up a bit. I couldn't go to work with a bum knee and can't do mess around the house, hence the injury "forcing" me to go through my books.

I will be listing Strange Tales 106, 107, and 110 to 116 and probably a few other books - perhaps a few others likely on Tuesday since about the only thing I can do today is go through my comics. Life's rough lol

Dude, we are taking away your chainsaw privileges. That is one serious close call.

Glad it worked out allright. And now the pants are probably $200 designer jeans.

Letting the board know I'll be listing $2 books & will be up and going within the hour

There are conan-ultimate spiderman-grendel - buffy season 8 - captain america

phoenix end song - astonishing x-men - wolverine - and many more ranging from bronze-copper-modern and so on

books are $2 each no more & I have some variant books as well..

you won't want to pass on these book

Royce,

I'm glad to hear you didn't get hit by the chainsaw--though I'm sorry to hear you wrenched your knee. Ibuprofren and a bottle of beer will be your best friend in this instance!-)

Get better man!

chainsaw.jpg

lol The only reason I am sitting here reading this is because I'm relaxing while I apply a little first aid....I just drilled a hole through my right index finger with my drill press. :insane:

No; that isn't what I was trying to do and, fortunately, it is no cause to sell any books.

lol The only reason I am sitting here reading this is because I'm relaxing while I apply a little first aid....I just drilled a hole through my right index finger with my drill press. :insane:

No; that isn't what I was trying to do and, fortunately, it is no cause to sell any books.

Holy mess! :o I hope you're okay and didn't do too much damage! :foryou: Earlier I was working with a staple gun shooting 1.5" staples and kept telling myself not to put a staple through my hand. NA, hope you heal up soon. :wishluck:

As for the cause to sell some books, I just look for any excuse to have some fun with my books :headbang: That and this is an even better excuse to start cleaning up my play room.

Dude, we are taking away your chainsaw privileges. That is one serious close call.

Glad it worked out allright. And now the pants are probably $200 designer jeans.

chainsaw.gif

The chainsaw is safely out of my reach.

Only the toast is designer, not the pants. (shrug)lol

cloudofwit, I do not believe my member was in any danger of that side - lucky it leans to the left side. :blush:

Mac Man, certainly a lot of beer will be helping me heal tonight starting...right about...now! Hef is good... :grin:

Thanks all for the well wishes.

Edited by Designer Toast

I have a couple dozen comic book related t-shirts left over from a recent convention. Some of these are more obscure characters like Kid Flash and The Atom. Really cool shirts though. If anyone is interested, I will be posting them tomorrow night.

:o

Time for a "Chainsaw Massacre" sale? hm

Genius!

It is official. Tuesday will be my first

chainsaw.gif

[font:Comic Sans MS]Chainsaw Massacre Sale![/font]

chainsaw.gif

In addition to the Strange Tales, I think I will be adding a few surprises. Maybe Silver Surfer 1? Conan 1? Cap 100? Maybe a few horror books? Let's see what happens Tuesday (thumbs u

chainsaw.jpg

PUT THE CHAINSAW DOWN......STEP AWAY FROM THE CHAINSAW~

:o

Time for a "Chainsaw Massacre" sale? hm

Genius!

It is official. Tuesday will be my first

chainsaw.gif

[font:Comic Sans MS]Chainsaw Massacre Sale![/font]

chainsaw.gif

In addition to the Strange Tales, I think I will be adding a few surprises. Maybe Silver Surfer 1? Conan 1? Cap 100? Maybe a few horror books? Let's see what happens Tuesday (thumbs u

:laugh: