• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,924 posts in this topic

Not quite sure where to post this, Thought this was as good a place as any.

DJpinkpanther just called me as I was heading out the door to the Hospital, Long story short he wanted me to pass along to those that he was buying from that he has been away from the internet recently, and that he is sorry if he left you hanging(especially you Nick)

He said he is going to be having a huge sales thread soon to try and raise money to battle his wife for joint custody of his kids.(it appears he has not had a good week) :(

I need to head out now but he asked me to make a post about this and said he will be on hopefully tomorrow or Friday and for everyone to save their pennies for his sales thread..

Bye for now,

I hope things work out for all concerned....great guy to buy books from.... :headbang:

DJpinkpanther just called me as I was heading out the door to the Hospital, Long story short he wanted me to pass along to those that he was buying from that he has been away from the internet recently, and that he is sorry if he left you hanging(especially you Nick)

He said he is going to be having a huge sales thread soon to try and raise money to battle his wife for joint custody of his kids.(it appears he has not had a good week) :(

I need to head out now but he asked me to make a post about this and said he will be on hopefully tomorrow or Friday and for everyone to save their pennies for his sales thread..

Bye for now,

I hope things work out for all concerned....great guy to buy books from.... :headbang:

Thomas is a great guy , Period ! .........And I'm sorry he's having to go thru that *&%$#@$%.........................BH

CLARIFICATION GUYS!!! :eek:

Facts got a bit miscommunicated....

Its my EX wife not my current one I am having problems with, as she has sole custody of my kids and never lets me see them on holidays or spend an extended amount of time (as in more than a few days) with me unless it suits her purpose. I am also seeking to reduce my child support payments as I no longer have the same income as before.

Things with my current wife are just fine (for now). We had a discussion and I told her I was quitting collecting and selling off my collecting to pay for my legal fees. She knows how much I love comics though she hates my obsession with them.

I will be selling off my entire collection of comics (all FFs), a pretty decent collection IMO :grin: especially for only collecting again for a little over a year...

Yes it hurts and I will miss them, but pehaps in the future I will collect again, though I can't see it happening anytime soon. I will still hang out once in awhile and post once in a while, and still plan on attending the Forum Dinner at SDCC, though I won't be attending the convention itself...

Besides, I'm tired of sneaking to buy stuff, and I know my wife is as well....I have to start showing more respect for her as well as my marriage or I will be ending up looking for my next EX AGAIN, and I don't want to go through that again :shrug:

Anyways I will start listing my books sometime today...

Thomas

Bye for now,

Pedigreed

Loc: Bonita, CA

CLARIFICATION GUYS!!!

Its my EX wife not my current one I am having problems with, as she has sole custody of my kids and never lets me see them on holidays or spend an extended amount of time (as in more than a few days) with me unless it suits her purpose. I am also seeking to reduce my child support payments as I no longer have the same income as before.

Things with my current wife are just fine (for now). We had a discussion and I told her I was quitting collecting and selling off my collecting to pay for my legal fees. She knows how much I love comics though she hates my obsession with them.

I will be selling off my entire collection of comics (all FFs), a pretty decent collection IMO especially for only collecting again for a little over a year...

Yes it hurts and I will miss them, but pehaps in the future I will collect again, though I can't see it happening anytime soon. I will still hang out once in awhile and post once in a while, and still plan on attending the Forum Dinner at SDCC, though I won't be attending the convention itself...

Besides, I'm tired of sneaking to buy stuff, and I know my wife is as well....I have to start showing more respect for her as well as my marriage or I will be ending up looking for my next EX AGAIN, and I don't want to go through that again

Thomas

Thomas books come and go. Glad to see your wife is understanding of your hobby and also of your situation with your ex...many guys think a good woman is tough to find but the same goes for men...a sincere and caring one is also a tough find now a days.

Wishing you the best.

All things work for good....and there's a reason for everything.

;)

R.

CLARIFICATION GUYS!!! :eek:

I will be selling off my entire collection of comics (all FFs), a pretty decent collection IMO :grin: especially for only collecting again for a little over a year...

Besides, I'm tired of sneaking to buy stuff, and I know my wife is as well....I have to start showing more respect for her as well as my marriage or I will be ending up looking for my next EX AGAIN, and I don't want to go through that again :shrug:

Thomas

Oh ! , We thought that your were way more screwed up than that DINK !. If that's all it is , sorry we can't help ya ! :whistle:.............................................................................................................................................................................................JK :foryou: BH

Will be selling some junk tonight.....a Bronze Thor run of 21 books, some post I-Ching Wonder Womans, a Tomb of Dracula 2, seriously drekky Iron Mans....Most stuff in the 7.0 range, a few worse, a few better.

Starting around 8 Central.

Bottles on ice as I type this. hm

OK...gonna try and post for sale my X-Men 3 -20 tonite (if not tonite it will be tomorrow)...I'll be putting up my X-Men 2 at a later time but that's another story. All the books are raw except for X-Men #11 which is CGC 6.5 grade. There's a few 4.5s and most of the books are in the FN 6.0 or so range with a few in the 7.0-8.0 range...very nice and AFFORDABLE BOOKS! About half of them have been in my collection since circa 1969. :cloud9:

Anyone want to inquire about anything in particular pre-sale PM me. I posted #3, #4 and #15 on the Buddy Can You Spare A Grade thread earlier this week...

Seeya...

GO LAKERS! :headbang:

Tom

OK...gonna try and post for sale my X-Men 3 -20 tonite (if not tonite it will be tomorrow)...I'll be putting up my X-Men 2 at a later time but that's another story. All the books are raw except for X-Men #11 which is CGC 6.5 grade. There's a few 4.5s and most of the books are in the FN 6.0 or so range with a few in the 7.0-8.0 range...very nice and AFFORDABLE BOOKS! About half of them have been in my collection since circa 1969. :cloud9:

Anyone want to inquire about anything in particular pre-sale PM me. I posted #3, #4 and #15 on the Buddy Can You Spare A Grade thread earlier this week...

Seeya...

GO LAKERS! :headbang:

Tom

X-men?? How bout selling some of those Spidey's :baiting:

I picked up about 100 early 1960s Archie titles today. If I get motivated I will scan and sell tomorrow.

Also Gold Key, Dell, Whitmans, Charlton's from the same era.

Just a Heads Up that I will be listing between 20 to 80 CGC 9.6 to 9.8 slabs (depending on response) from the Bronze, Copper and Modern eras starting tonight, Sunday while I watch the Flyers "try" to take the ECFs back to Philly, and into this coming week if all goes decent enough.

Just a Heads Up that I will be listing between 20 to 80 CGC 9.6 to 9.8 slabs (depending on response) from the Bronze, Copper and Modern era starting tonight, Sunday while I watch the Flyers "try" to take the ECFs back to Philly, and into this coming week if all goes decent enough.

Can we get an idea of the titles? :wishluck:

Just a Heads Up that I will be listing between 20 to 80 CGC 9.6 to 9.8 slabs (depending on response) from the Bronze, Copper and Modern era starting tonight, Sunday while I watch the Flyers "try" to take the ECFs back to Philly, and into this coming week if all goes decent enough.

(thumbs u

Can we get an idea of the titles? :wishluck:

It's gonna be a relatively diverse mix of "Keys", "Filler Issues" and some "Sets" for the most part... with equal amounts of Bronze and Copper and a decent amount of Modern Keys too... depending on how far I get. It remains to be seen if this will be a good venue for this material. If not, I'll be listing them in the usual places afterwards.