• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

A while back, I was trying to figure out who the woman is based on. Definitely looks like photo-reference to me. Is it Jane Wyman? (A couple of publicity stills attached.) If I could find a picture of her with those little curls on the forehead, I say for sure it was her.

Great copy!

Jack

Another great wash-tone cover. There is no better combination on a sci-fi cover than a pretty lady and a monster!

TOTU_17.jpg

68509.jpg.5e0ca2ac098c86a10b11467b74cf3863.jpg

68510.jpg.1cc39e665addc71d7e38fb157b174509.jpg

By George, I think you are right. That gal on the TOTU #17 looks just like the former Mrs Reagan.

Suggesting that the guy in the foreground with his back to the viewer is Ronnie himself! The hairdo looks right.

Jack

By George, I think you are right. That gal on the TOTU #17 looks just like the former Mrs Reagan.

Suggesting that the guy in the foreground with his back to the viewer is Ronnie himself! The hairdo looks right.

Jack

Ya know, I think you might be right!

This is a great issue. In here, you have one of Maneely's last published stories -- in the DC "house style, some great fantasy from Superboy artist George Papp and a wonderful Moreira cover-story. This cover kind of reminds me a bit of Weird Science #12...but the cover here does more with less...

HOM_68.jpg