• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Great book, Atlas. You sure find some clean copies!

Count me as a big Meskin fan. He's very similar to Toth, and I like him at least as well. This new addition to my collection from Mid Ohio has a great Meskin story...

HOM60.jpg

Several "House" books recently received. Obviously not high grade, but all "nice for the price". Classic DC colorful covers!

House of Secrets 30, Mark Merlin. One of my oldest but I have a few others all the way back to #2, a lucky buy

hos30.jpg

House of Secrets 62, more Mark Merlin with especially wild coloring. MM had quite a long run -- has DC revived the character lately?

hos62.jpg

House of Secrets 76, Eclipso/ Prince Ra-Man crossover

hos76.jpg

House of Secrets 76, Eclipso/ Prince Ra-Man crossover again with that DC blue-green background

hos79.jpg

House of Mystery 30, my oldest in the series and DC PINK!

hom30.jpg

House of Mystery 98. generic monster but nice colors

hom98.jpg

House of Mystery 115, element cover!

hom115.jpg

House of Mystery 130, goofy monster. I wonder why this story wasn't in My Greatest Adventure.

hom130.jpg

House of Mystery 146, getting into the superhero days but who can resist a Zook cover?

HOM146.jpg

Jack

I have probably posted these before, but since we are in a HOS mood, here are some nice Mark Merlin covers:

hos_29.jpg

One of the best Mark Merlin covers -- beats the tar out of the next one (I just posted #30). Amazing what a difference Elsa in a fur bathing suit makes -- right, classic DC Silly Monsters too.

Jack

MM had quite a long run -- has DC revived the character lately?

Nice house books Jack.

I'm a fan of Mark Merlin too, and he did have a long run--a longer run, by one book, than Adam Strange in Mystery in Space. He's one of those obscure DC characters that were really good but flew under the radar screen. Almost all of his stories had excellent Meskin art.

Howdy,

In many of the early posts in this thread, I used my file space at AOL HOMETOWN to store picture files. In its infinite wisdom, AOL had suddenly & without warning shut down its Hometown storage space -- this has resulted with many of those nasty little red X's in place of those wonderful TOTU covers.

I will re-post all the deleted covers in the near future starting with these...

TOTU_07.jpg

TOTU_08.jpg

TOTU_09.jpg

totu_10.jpg

TOTU_13.jpg

TOTU_16.jpg