• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,195 posts in this topic

Just picked up a Spider "File Copy". This was by far the nicest of 15+ Spider File Copies that the original buyer had.

[font:Arial Black]Spider Pulp - FILE COPY - May 1936 - "SLaves of the Dragon"[/font]

Spiderpulp.jpg

:o

:headbang:

Just picked up a Spider "File Copy". This was by far the nicest of 15+ Spider File Copies that the original buyer had.

[font:Arial Black]Spider Pulp - FILE COPY - May 1936 - "SLaves of the Dragon"[/font]

Spiderpulp.jpg

Amazing, Dwight. :applause:

Love those Spider pulps. I wish I had more.

2866723704_879be2c43c_o.jpg2104214391_f188259438_b.jpg

Spiderpulp.jpg

drool1.gif

Spiderpulp.jpg

Given that the book is 75 years old it looks fantastic. Wow how did the OO store those books?

My first bedsheet. It wouldn't fit in my scanner, so this isn't the best shot. It's a really solid copy. I'm looking forward to reading it. The advertisements alone are worth what I paid. Here's an example (I'm not making this up, to quote Dave Barry):

"I CHALLENGE you that I will teach you, by mail, in one lesson, the simplest, shortest method all for $1.00. Not telepathy. You can read one's mind to a dot, by only looking into the eyes of partner, chum, sweetheart, etc. Praised by New York, Boston; Montreal Police Chiefs; colleges; Thurston, Blackstone, etc. If fake, let them arrest me."

That's the whole ad. hm

sws.jpg

Edited by JohnT

My first bedsheet. It wouldn't fit in my scanner, so this isn't the best shot. It's a really solid copy. I'm looking forward to reading it. The advertisements alone are worth what I paid. Here's an example (I'm not making this up, to quote Dave Barry):

"I CHALLENGE you that I will teach you, by mail, in one lesson, the simplest, shortest method all for $1.00. Not telepathy. You can read one's mind to a dot, by only looking into the eyes of partner, chum, sweetheart, etc. Praised by New York, Boston; Montreal Police Chiefs; colleges; Thurston, Blackstone, etc. If fake, let them arrest me."

That's the whole ad. hm

sws.jpg

way cool

That's the whole ad. hm

sws.jpg

Nice pick up! I love the SCIENCE WONDER title, and am two issues away from completing the run.

Congrats! And beware... they are addictive!

That's the whole ad. hm

sws.jpg

Nice pick up! I love the SCIENCE WONDER title, and am two issues away from completing the run.

Congrats! And beware... they are addictive!

Thanks Ryan. If there's one thing that might keep me from getting addicted it's the problem with figuring out how to store it. lol

For years I've been waiting to complete my AMAZING STORIES first twelve issue run... This week, after some digging on ebay, my fine condition #2 and #3 finally rolled in!

I didn't win the color Frank R. Paul original on Heritage this past week, but these are great consolation prizes.

A few weeks back, I bought the Jan 1927 issue from a fellow board member, so with these last three needed issues in place, I present the first year of AMAZING STORIES! :cloud9:

IMGP3851.jpg

The first three issues... now that I have a nice 2 and 3, my #1 looks kinda shabby, but it's passable for now.

IMGP3853.jpg 

A few close ups on my favorite issues!! The page quality on the #2 is incredible... white pages! And a super clean spine. Glad I held out twelve years for this copy!

IMGP3854.jpg 

IMGP3859.jpg 

The first year has some of the best covers of the run...

IMGP3856.jpg 

My favorite Paul cover of all time...

IMGP3858.jpg 

Beautiful books! Congrats Ryan (thumbs u

Thanks Mr. B!!

Don't you also have the annual? That should be in the group shot.