• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,227 posts in this topic

Stunning copy :applause:

Thanks, Jack. Here's another, Nov 1927

PJktgBjh.jpgayvN2RKh.jpg

Hi Todd, these high grade AMAZINGs you are posting are just fantastic. Sharpest copies I have seen in a long time.

I had the good fortune about 17 years ago, when I first moved to Vancouver, to purchase about 16 high grade Gernsback sci fi bedsheets pulps (only part of a near complete local OO collection of Gernsback Amazings, Science/Wonders). Here's a sample.

They are indeed nearly impossible to find in sharp condition!

am%20st%20%20nov%201927%20POST_zpsiy8qypek.jpg

am%20stories%20feb%20POST_zpspyi53xdz.jpg

I love stories like that. The story behind this collection is the original owner was a woman who worked for Amazing Stories and stored these in her car in the garage. There's still a few more on their way to me, including the dinosaur cover you posted. In the meantime, here's another.

Amazing Stories, April 1928

50MywCLh.jpgQVvNMu9h.jpg

Bright red. :cloud9:

Amazing Stories, May 1928

SBKTboUh.jpghB3xP92h.jpg

Todd, you're killing me!! What a great copy of this classic cover. Great OO story on these. Guess she didn't drive much?

We'll need to see a group shot of these at some point!

My favorite Argosy cover!

Just picked up this Film Fun from 1935. Looks like it came right off the newsstand. Has a slight bend/ warp but it could be flattened very easily.

Great Enoch Bolles cover!!

a5548f5e-5949-4a57-a671-deba2abae0d4_zpsrmqguhtp.png

film%20fun%20back%20cover_zpszpk3lmyc.png

fim%20fun%20spine%203_zps5ay6bdcs.png

I am putting this one up for sale in the Gold/Silver selling forum!

Dwight

306-531-2211

Edited by detective35DF

My nascent Shadow collection. :cloud9:

tHhup8Kh.jpgdhtQO2ah.jpg

Two books I've never had in my collection. :(

If I ever run into copies of these two what's a good market value in decent shape, say VG to up to Fine?

Went over to a local boardie's massive garage of junk and scored a bunch of pulps on Sunday. Man, you guys would have loved to be there. It is just PACKED with comics, pulps, girly mags, art and you name it. Old school like me. He even knew Alan Light of the old Buyer's Guide daze. Haven't looked through them all yet but here are a few cool ones...

pulppep1135_zpszc3vw1sn.jpg