• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,115 posts in this topic

Got a couple of Op 5's in the mail today, here's one of them:

Op_5_34_07_zpsbqn49f9i.jpg

The 4th issue, which was the earliest issue I still needed. 37 down, 11 to go, and I've got the first 7 issues out of the way.

Nice progress, congrats. I like this series too. Jimmy Christopher seems like an earlier version of James Bond. The whole "Purple Invasion" series is really intriguing too, where they did a 13 part series-within-a-series magnum opus. Here's the few I have:

sUeSvoWl.jpg8JafwSpl.jpgfOO2lkjl.jpgP3dS25Al.jpgBv3Vgxdl.jpg

Nice progress, congrats. I like this series too. Jimmy Christopher seems like an earlier version of James Bond. The whole "Purple Invasion" series is really intriguing too, where they did a 13 part series-within-a-series magnum opus. Here's the few I have:

sUeSvoWl.jpg8JafwSpl.jpgfOO2lkjl.jpgP3dS25Al.jpgBv3Vgxdl.jpg

Your copy of #1 is nicer than mine. Grr.

Actually, all of your copies look amazing. I'm particularly envious of your copy of "The Army of the Dead", that seems to be one of the highest demand issues outside of the Purple Invasion and I still don't have it.

Somewhere further back in this thread I posted the entire Purple Invasion series; I really do need to upgrade a couple of them even by my low standards but I do have the entire run from the start of the Purple Invasion onward. All of the 11 issues I'm still missing are in that fairly narrow band from v2 n4 to v7 n1.

You mention the similarity to James Bond. It's not quite his very first line, but in the very first chapter of the very first issue he actually says "My name is Christopher -- James Christopher." I've actually wondered if Ian Fleming ever saw the series; there was at least one issue of a UK edition for sure.

Edited by OtherEric

Some more new pick-ups.

Oriental Stories #6, Autumn 1931

This was a tough one for me to get (probably because of the high-demand bare breast cover), but now that I finally have it I've completed the 9 issue run. :banana:

Thanks to Matthew for helping me out.

i1shfvTh.jpg

Doc Savage #1, Mar 1933

Lower grade (no back cover), but it presents really well, and I just love this book. I may even make it a resto project, we'll see.

Thanks to Dwight again!

qD7PaeTh.jpg

Doc Savage #1, Mar 1933

Lower grade (no back cover), but it presents really well, and I just love this book. I may even make it a resto project, we'll see.

Thanks to Dwight again!

qD7PaeTh.jpg

The interior paper looks very nice, congrat's Todd.

Doc Savage #1, Mar 1933

Thanks to Dwight again!

qD7PaeTh.jpg

The interior paper looks very nice, congrat's Todd.

Thanks Steve, it is really nice, which was a major selling point. (thumbs u