• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,119 posts in this topic

WT2-39.jpg

a high grade Weird Tales, Finlay cover. Looks like Lord of the Rings!

By the way, if we were looking at it from a comic art point of view you would promise that this is a classic Kirby layout with the faces coming at you in distress! March 1939 coincides with Jack's entrance into the business.

There is a thread for commercial announcements. Please post these type of items in that thread. :foryou:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1403797#Post1403797

dm7-34.jpg

..a classic Baumhofer GG cover. Newsstand mint, looks like it has never been read. Just put it on eBay.

That's in great shape! Cool cover, too. And what a cool name for a magazine: Unknown. Later in 1940, July I think, Theodore Sturgeon published a favorite story of mine, with the extremely creepy but very succinct name of It. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find so much as a cover image for that particular issue (which I'd love to own someday).

unknown-mar1940.jpg

..while not as well known as others, UNKNOWN is considered one of the best.. sexy cover, this is newsstand mint, probably a file copy.

Also features the Reign of Wizardry for which Frazetta would later create his most provocative cover.

That's in great shape! Cool cover, too. And what a cool name for a magazine: Unknown. Later in 1940, July I think, Theodore Sturgeon published a favorite story of mine, with the extremely creepy but very succinct name of It. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find so much as a cover image for that particular issue (which I'd love to own someday).

unknown-mar1940.jpg

..while not as well known as others, UNKNOWN is considered one of the best.. sexy cover, this is newsstand mint, probably a file copy.

Also features the Reign of Wizardry for which Frazetta would later create his most provocative cover.

I believe that may have been in the August 1940 issue.

You're absolutely right! I stand corrected.

unknown-mar1940.jpg

I believe that may have been in the August 1940 issue.