• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,134 posts in this topic

Any boardies plan on attending Pulp AdventureCon this Saturday in Bordentown, NJ? I've gone the last couple of years and found some really great books there. This year I've decided to set up a table, so I'll be bringing lots of cool pulps for sale. If you go, stop by and say Hi!

Pulp AdventureCon

:popcorn:

I had a good time, sold some books, and best of all...bought some cool books!

The show was very busy. For a few hours during the middle of the day it was so crowded it was difficult to walk around. Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but I do have scans of the newly acquired pulps. :grin:

I've always liked this Civil War Stories one-shot from 1940, and was very happy to find this solid copy.

aqQGmtOh.jpg

I've always liked this Civil War Stories one-shot from 1940, and was very happy to find this solid copy.

aqQGmtOh.jpg

I was unaware of this one-shot, would definitely be interested in obtaining a solid copy if you run across another. :wishluck:

Bill Barnes, Air Adventurer #1

Feb 1934

First issue of a hero pulp, black cover, and silver ink on the plane...what's not to love?

SvlxjTth.jpg

I see you got that one nice pickup!

And then there were these few books that walked up to my table.

Stories of Sheena, Queen of the Jungle #1

Spring 1951

Another cool one-shot, one of the last hero books. Nice solid, glossy copy too.

19qeoBQh.jpg

Bill Barnes, Air Adventurer #1

Feb 1934

First issue of a hero pulp, black cover, and silver ink on the plane...what's not to love?

SvlxjTth.jpg

That Bill Barnes is awesome.

Who's the jerk who covered the artist's signature with the NRA logo? That's quite an odd choice. There is plenty of open space for that logo to have been located elsewhere :shrug:

Starting to converge on the pulp era from both ends via my golden age and dime novel interests...

Not much of a cover, but I still love it as a key.

A couple years after Lowell captured the world's imagination with his interpretations of what he saw through his telescope at the Flagstaff, AZ observatory which still bears his name, one particular of those imaginations came up with this:

cosmo-war-of-worlds-1_zpseferm3rz.jpg

Starting to converge on the pulp era from both ends via my golden age and dime novel interests...

Not much of a cover, but I still love it as a key.

A couple years after Lowell captured the world's imagination with his interpretations of what he saw through his telescope at the Flagstaff, AZ observatory which still bears his name, one particular of those imaginations came up with this:

cosmo-war-of-worlds-1_zpseferm3rz.jpg

Now that's pretty dang cool (thumbs u

And the coolest book I picked up was this stunning copy of a Shadow Annual.

Shadow Annual, 1942

oversized, bedsheet size

aywRkyRh.jpg

Love it! :cloud9:

That's so.......red :luhv: