• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,117 posts in this topic

Not a pulp, but related as H. Rider Haggard wrote for the pulps in the latter part of his career.

Original poster for the 1894 stage production of Haggard's "She." This dramatization of the 1887 seminal lost world novel by the A. Y. Pearson theater company amazed audiences across North America with it's mechanical and electrical special effects and was the most ambitious of the various stage versions of She that were produced in the 1890s in the UK and US.

It surfaced as part of a early poster collection acquired by an antiquarian book dealer a few weeks ago and i had to jump on it right away. I'm having some minor conversation work done to help preserve it, as it's very possible that this is one of the only surviving copies. But this was my Christmas present to myself this year.

aPtSmaS.jpg

Not nearly as cool as a She poster (worship) , but here's a couple of new arrivals. Decent copies of the first two issues of Famous Spy Stories from 1940. Notice the Nazi flags on the covers. It only ran 3 issues, so it should be fairly easy to complete the set. lol

0wNMsc8l.jpgazRTgdFl.jpg

Not a pulp, but related as H. Rider Haggard wrote for the pulps in the latter part of his career.

Original poster for the 1894 stage production of Haggard's "She." This dramatization of the 1887 seminal lost world novel by the A. Y. Pearson theater company amazed audiences across North America with it's mechanical and electrical special effects and was the most ambitious of the various stage versions of She that were produced in the 1890s in the UK and US.

It surfaced as part of a early poster collection acquired by an antiquarian book dealer a few weeks ago and i had to jump on it right away. I'm having some minor conversation work done to help preserve it, as it's very possible that this is one of the only surviving copies. But this was my Christmas present to myself this year.

aPtSmaS.jpg

She could set her seal upon me anytime. I love it!

Not nearly as cool as a She poster (worship) , but here's a couple of new arrivals. Decent copies of the first two issues of Famous Spy Stories from 1940. Notice the Nazi flags on the covers. It only ran 3 issues, so it should be fairly easy to complete the set. lol

0wNMsc8l.jpgazRTgdFl.jpg

Same publisher as these. Love the Finlay covers on them

pulpfantasticmay40_zpsrr9tuutn.jpg

pulpfantasticmarch40_zpsp5knbp4l.jpg

I've been up to a lot of SHE-nanigans lately. Recently picked up a true first edition, published by Longman's, UK, 1887. The color plates of the sherd of Amenartas ar spectacular! It's tough to beat cool old books like this.

Also, you gotta love a book that assumes at least a passing knowledge of ancient Greek on the part of the reader. Oh how education has changed in 130 years. lol

fVXX5rT.jpg

Mu0rMla.jpg

u90UgZj.jpg

Picked this up on the bay recently REAL cheap. Good thing because the crappy photos and bad description didn't let me know about the amature resto. I kept it because I really like these and it really wasn't worth sending back. Still like it anyway.

pulpspider540_zps0bsvfo5l.jpg

Bummer about the undisclosed resto, but that's actually a pretty good drawing. It's still a really cool book.

Yeah in a small crappy photo it was hard to see. I trusted the seller because he is a long time dealer. Had one of those "see photo for condition" descriptions. I left him no feedback but should have given him a neutral. I figured it was well worth the $9.99 bid I got it for.

Yellow Kid (Rich) turned me on to mapbacksay. They are really cool. And Pat's paperback posts the last few years have really opened my eyes about what a great untapped collecting area pbs are.

Edited by Theagenes