• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,116 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, detective35 said:

Awesome,

The Spiders have such great covers!

The Spider, Op5, Terror Tales, Horror Stories, etc. all have great John Newton Howitt covers.

While my copies aren't always in great shape, I should scan and share my Op5 collection here sometime soon.  I'm at 38 of 48 issues, I think...

And enough people liked my suggestion of posting what I had of Operator #5 that I'll go ahead and do that.  Pulling the books out to scan, I can tell I got a lot of them in my early days of looking for pulps.  Some of them I wouldn't find acceptable now, even by my low standards.  Then again, I probably averaged $25 each for the books, which is not very much for this run.  I've got quite a few decent copies mixed in, as well; starting with the #1.  It's certainly not high grade, but I think it presents decently well despite the creases, and the page quality is nice.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

8 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Volume 7.  Here's where the Purple Invasion begins, and the holes in my collection end.

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

Great stuff! You get a flavor from these and other 30's pulps, especially the aviation ones, of life where world war was on the horizon, even though it was not yet on our shores. I remember my father telling me about life in that decade and the sense of foreboding in the air.