• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,117 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:
On 5/12/2020 at 8:32 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I just had to break down and get this. Not an uncommon book but an iconic one for sure.

Yakima pedigree. Have to thank Dave for working it out with me.

5CCD4947-F80D-4766-B52A-2EFAA7111D86.jpg

Ah, yes, pulp dealer Dave Smith. Just for fun here is an early picture of him at SDCC in the mid '80's when he had his shop over in Orange County. In the background is legendary comic dealer Ron "Redbeard" Purcell. Fun times!

sdcccon1980sarticle1.jpg

Shameless plug for Dave... I purchased my 2020 Pulp Guide from his store on eBay and he included a copy of his 50th Anniversary catalog... NICE. Slick paper and full color... it was a real treat. About as thick as a graphic novel. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

3 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Shameless plug for Dave... I purchased my 2020 Pulp Guide from his store on eBay and he included a copy of his 50th Anniversary catalog... NICE. Slick paper and full color... it was a real treat. About as thick as a graphic novel. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

He now lives in Washington saw him at Windy City last year.He had a nice bunch of Fiction House on ebay a few months ago still very active in the hobby 

On 3/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, detective35 said:

FC6C17F1-061E-45F5-9516-5BC8C050785F.jpeg

I thought that someone posted the complete Wu Fang run, but I've now gone more than 20 pages back and cannot find it....

It was just noted in the Flanagan thread that the interior artwork of several of these are by Flanagan.  Anyone have interior photos from these?

On 9/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, RedFury said:

Rumor is that Sax Rohmer complained that "Wu Fang" was too close to "Fu Manchu".

Ahhh!  It is RedFury who has them!!!  I only needed to go back about 100 pages....

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

Ahhh!  It is RedFury who has them!!!  I only needed to go back about 100 pages....

Do you still need interior shots?  I see some were posted from reprints, although I only see mention of issues 1-4, but there were 7 issues of Wu Fang plus an additional 3 issues of Dr. Yen Sin, which was a continuation.

45 minutes ago, RedFury said:

Do you still need interior shots?  I see some were posted from reprints, although I only see mention of issues 1-4, but there were 7 issues of Wu Fang plus an additional 3 issues of Dr. Yen Sin, which was a continuation.

Todd,

I could do some of these shots of the of the yen sin’s if you want

Just let me know!

Dwight

8 hours ago, detective35 said:

Just picked this up at auction.  I paid too much, but are only a handful that I need in hi-grade to complete the run from 1935-1941

I had to pay for it, as other collectors like them too. (Todd...stop laughing).

49828FEA-18FB-485C-8879-D4ADD9DE866B.jpeg

Was it expensive?  Yes.  Do they print more money every day?  Yes.  Do they still make old pulps?  NO!  

Good buy!  (thumbsu