• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exactly who is "The Dentist"?

333 posts in this topic

There aren't any public photos of the Action 1. Not too many people have seen it.

I think there might be a small pic of the Allentown tec 27 floating around but I can't remember.

There was a third thread on this topic around 2010-2011. But I think it was blown away by the mods because the OP was asking some pretty creepy questions.

"Who is The Dentist"

"What is his address"

"Where does he keep the books"

Which then led to some great responses back.

"What is his combination"

"What food do his dogs eat"

"What time is he not home"

lol

I would want to know that (shrug)

I bet.

I don't know, if I had a multimillion dollar comic collection I'd probably want to remain somewhat anonymous considering the amount of fraud and theft involved in this or any other hobby. Unless I offered up my real name, location, profession myself of course.

Not that I hide any of those things, but I also don't have more than about three grand worth of comics so for many lurkers on here it wouldn't be worth the gas. lol

I can't recall a single post in the 5 years I've been here that has mentioned how cool it would be to see the Church run of Action 2-20 side by side. It is difficult for me to understand the level of the fixation on this one book. Honestly, I feel kind of sorry for the Dentist. If I had $XX million, I would love to buy the #2-30 run. But I wouldn't touch the #1 and the curse that goes with it with a million dollar pole.

Don't worry, buddy, I'll throw myself on that particular grenade and take the #1 to protect you from the curse!

:applause:

Man. Can you imagine going through a collection and pulling out a NM or NM- Batman #1?

(worship)

Yes,I certainly can,and imagine it every time I hit a second hand shop,garage sale,go to bed...

I've only ever seen one up close once in my life. And it was at a store when someone brought it in to sell it. Though it was a mess (2.0), it was still amazing to behold.

Question 98:

Does he keep the books at his house?

Question 99:

Does he have an alarm system on his house?

Question 100:

Is the book in a safe?

Question 101:

Does he have guard dogs?

Question 102:

What's the best way to take out the guard dogs?

:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

one of those posts where you literally, actually laugh out loud.

that was funny

batman1_zpsd1dd6382.jpg

That is an awesome picture !! It represents the dream of every comic book collector in the world :cloud9:

I mean... just look at the details. He's in his frickin house !! Look at the kitchen utensils in the background... that's his kitchen. He has book shelves of boards and cinder blocks !! :o

TheBigLou....I think

Bigloo is one handle has a few thinks on ebay now,always has some great stuff

Why would he jump around from account to account? These two accounts have less than 200 feedback to their credit. Yet he has been dealing in comics for years.

I'm sure the Dentist's collection is impressive but I'm also sure Eric Roberts would give him a run for his money ...

I had a link to his site at one point where he had the rolling images of his Detective 27, Amazing Fantasy 15, Journey Into Mystery 83, ...

:cloud9: