• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batmobile at Barrett Jackson Auction this week - What will it go for?

61 posts in this topic

I managed to see the car in person this week. It's nice, I guess if you are nostalgic for the show. Wouldn't be something I'd ever spend money on. It was constantly swarmed by people. I didn't spend much time looking at it, but it looked nicely maintained and pretty detailed. Good price for the seller.

I managed to see the car in person this week. It's nice, I guess if you are nostalgic for the show. Wouldn't be something I'd ever spend money on. It was constantly swarmed by people. I didn't spend much time looking at it, but it looked nicely maintained and pretty detailed. Good price for the seller.

Monkey Mobile is coming up on the auction sometime in the next 20 lots.....

Can't pull it up if this is the real deal from the show or a replica...I guess we will see.

They had lots of cars built on Monster Garage too..

C

Shelby's mustsng just sold for

$675,000. me and my father saw him at the

atlantic city classic car auction a few years back.

i regret not getting his autograph now.

I just saw that, friggin' amazing.... :o

the prices on the GT 500 are insane at the moment...

Agreed....but it looks like someone paid about a 100% premium to own Shelby's personal one owner vehicle. Those restored ones going for $250k plus makes this one in original mint (they did not mention it was restored) shape a great one of a kind item.

I was most shocked at the Boss 429's going for so much.

It's weird world when a (pretty much) fake Batmobile gets $185k and the one and only Monkee Mobile struggles to get $360k.

C

Agreed....but it looks like someone paid about a 100% premium to own Shelby's personal one owner vehicle. Those restored ones going for $250k plus makes this one in original mint (they did not mention it was restored) shape a great one of a kind item.

It's weird world when a (pretty much) fake Batmobile gets $185k and the one and only Monkee Mobile struggles to get $360k.

C

Maybe they should have sung their own songs...

C

Maybe they should have sung their own songs...

They did. They didn't originally play instruments.

me and my father saw him at the

Carroll Shelby still is doing autographs for people donating to the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

$250 donation if you want an auto part signed (ie visor, glove box cover, etc)

$150 donation for other items

Here is the link:

http://www.cscf.org/autograph.asp

me and my father saw him at the

Carroll Shelby still is doing autographs for people donating to the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

$250 donation if you want an auto part signed (ie visor, glove box cover, etc)

$150 donation for other items

Here is the link:

http://www.cscf.org/autograph.asp

Thanks!! My father wanted to meet him though but didnt want to wait in line for his autograph. Hopefully he'll be at this years auction in atlantic city and my father will get his autograph. The 65 Cobra is my father's dream car. He is still the original owner of a mint 66 mercury comet cyclone gt. Nothing like american Muscle!!

Yeah Gene, personally, I track a lot of the American Muscle cars, and aside from the rare special order unit; pricing for most of the sold inventory seems down a personal, hypothesized 10-20% hm

Some "resto mods" are seemingly down in the 20-30% range...OUCH doh!

This is simply by the seat of my pants observation, I haven't been writing everything down, but I have little doubt the prices were a lot higher last year.

Barron's ran an article this weekend entitled "4,000 Pound Weaklings" which said pretty much the same thing.

From the article:

"For most of these big-engine Detroit machines from the 1960s and early 1970s, prices have fallen by 10% to 15% over the past two years, but for some, the damage has been far worse. A 1971 Plymouth Barracuda, with a hemi engine, fetched $396,000 - impressive, but about half of what one sold for in 2006."

"The Bottom Line - The collectible car market is in a cyclical downturn. This should provide buying opportunities, but anyone interested in muscle cars should seek only the best. One category to avoid: "resto-mods"."