• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Being held up on the Bay!!!!!!!

94 posts in this topic

Leave him a negative comment on the 90th day after the auction ended. Ebay imposes a deadline where you can leave comments for transactions and I think the limit is 90 days. By the time he sees the negative comment, it will be the 91st day, and he won't be able to retaliate. I have never tried this myself, but see no reason why it would not work.

you can still leave negatives after 90 days if paypal was involved

IMHO: I would NOT take a negative over $10 !! I would keep my 100%!

I took my sole negative for a $12 item. Hasn't hurt me. It's the principle that counts not a dollar figure...

Jim

Me too as a buyer :sumo:

This may not be the same seller, but when I look at a list like that, red flags go up, and my instincts say, "don't bid, walk run away".

Fixed that for you.

It's easy to take the hit if you have a separate buying account from your selling account.

Bronzilla:

I searched and found an auction for a #7 that ended 1/21. I think that's what ArAich is pulling from. Prob not your book but likely the same scan.

Others:

Can you have 2 ebay accounts linked to the same paypal? I'd like to have sep buying and selling accounts, but paypal only allows 1 account right?

Yes you can have as many eBay accounts as you want, you just need different email addresses for the eBay accounts - the paypal account can have the same singular email address, and be different, or the same, as your eBay email accounts.

Paypal allows more than one account, but they may have to be separate kinds of accounts, i.e., private and business, and of course, you would need a different email address for each account.

2nd account set up. I've wanted to do this for a while for just the reason discussed herein. I want to not be afraid to leave negs or neutrals when I sell from the same account. Now I don't have to worry.

Stickwizard. doh! Nothing more than a common criminal, that guy. Featuring the major hallmark of the standard criminal; dumber than a bag of rocks.

Neg him and don't look back. When he negs you, just put a follow-up.

EBay feedback is USELESS. Using it to determine anything is just asking for trouble. Having a feedback below 100% as a buyer is going to impact you not in the slightest, so NEG HIM AND DO IT YESTERDAY

Paid for what I got???? That is not the point, many of us have had items sell for much les than expected in no reserve auctions. We suck it up and we ship what we listed. That is the right thing to do. 10.00 will neither make or break me. It is about what is right. I dont want to waste the time and effort to repackage and ship a 10.00 book What I want is what I won.. A high grade comic at the price I won it at. And I want others warned. So that settles it I am negging this jerk!!!!

1. Never buy from a seller with over 1000 FB and < 98%.

2. Have separate seller and buyer ebay accounts.

3. Neg him to help others and preserve your pride, integrity. People should not be afraid of getting retaliatory negs. If you only buy, it impacts you ZERO.

(thumbs u

Wear the Neg. as a scar you're proud of...

Leave him a negative comment on the 90th day after the auction ended. Ebay imposes a deadline where you can leave comments for transactions and I think the limit is 90 days. By the time he sees the negative comment, it will be the 91st day, and he won't be able to retaliate. I have never tried this myself, but see no reason why it would not work.

Because you can never guarantee that the feedback option won't be available on day 91. From what I have heard, this is not a precise time scale, with a countdown clock. Therefore, it's a risk.

Everything else on ebay works on a precise time scale, so why wouldn't this? Besides, it might take him a few days to even figure out soemone has left him a negative. If you are going to do it anyway, you might as well do it on the last day.

I am under the impression that this has been addressed by eBay in some way, and it's no longer a viable strategy. I could be wrong, but it is something I have read in multiple places.

What should be done, feedback aside, is to send the book back and get the refund. Despite the hassle and small dollar amount, it's something more of us should do. (Of course, no one here is buying from sellers who don't offer refunds, right?....)

eBay guarantees feedback can be left for the first 90 days. What happens on day 91 is indeterminant-- if they need the disk space, they will delete (or probably just move) auctions older than 90 days from areas that are feedback-accessible. How often they check their disk space is unknown, so it could be day 91 or well past day 100, you never know.

Paid for what I got???? That is not the point, many of us have had items sell for much les than expected in no reserve auctions. We suck it up and we ship what we listed. That is the right thing to do. 10.00 will neither make or break me. It is about what is right. I dont want to waste the time and effort to repackage and ship a 10.00 book What I want is what I won.. A high grade comic at the price I won it at. And I want others warned. So that settles it I am negging this jerk!!!!

:applause: (thumbs u

What's the value of my 100% positive feedback if notoriously fraudulent and sleazy conmen don't get negged either?

Good for you :cool:

Well I did something really stupid! I typed in the negative information and neglected to hit the negative tab. Thus giving this jerk another positive. And my understanding is that is irreversible!!! I was so peeved I completly forgot! This whole thing has got me rattled, Oh well hopefully people will see what I wrote and give them food for thought. And if he Negs me... well who cares!!!

Well I did something really stupid! I typed in the negative information and neglected to hit the negative tab. Thus giving this jerk another positive. And my understanding is that is irreversible!!! I was so peeved I completly forgot! This whole thing has got me rattled, Oh well hopefully people will see what I wrote and give them food for thought. And if he Negs me... well who cares!!!
Perhaps the interwebs are too complicated for you? lol Seriously, that bites.

Yes it does!!! I AM COMPLETLY FEELING LIKE AN insufficiently_thoughtful_person!!!! :blush:I am completly wired on coffee currently :frustrated: and am contempalting killing myself or winning about 10 of this losers auctions so I can neg him correctly!! :sumo:

Yes Yes I do.....I am going to lunch. And have a appletini. :insane: In my current state of mind if I try to go back to work I WOULD PROBABLY FIRE HALF MY STAFF!! :o

All this stress over 10.00 Bucks!!!!! Sheesh!!!!!!

The whole FB thing is one of the SUCK-iest aspects of eBay...I, as well, have both a buying and selling account, which I highly recommend, and I have somehow managed to maintain a 100% on my buying account (current FB 624...847 total transactions) as I 99% of the time pay with Paypal immediately at the close of auction...still, I've had a close call or two when buyer didn't take Paypal and got messages back 2-3 weeks out "where's the money order" etc. You will always have more control as a buyer than a seller.

However, as a seller, I've received 2 negatives (current FB 508...801 total transactions)...the first neg was a guy who sent me a Paypal payment with an Air Force Base address with no communication otherwise...sent the $25 book and less than 2 weeks later got a negative...he said he left the neg as he hadn't received the book...he had sent a couple of emails saying "don't mail the book to the AFB address, here's my current correct address, but the emails were getting blocked or something and I never received them...I finally got ahold of him and asked why he negged me, which I thought was extremely lame, me having 100% FB and he didn't even wait 2 weeks etc (he said "yeah, I thought that was weird why it seemed you didn't send me the book...) and what with the whole address thing, geeeeeeeez...talk about clueless but as you all know, selling has it's risks especially in the eBay community...this was early on, and I did not pursue the mutually withdrawn FB etc. resolution and wasn't completely hip to my options at the time...

I've only negged as a seller probably 3-4 times...try all other options prior to going there...give the clueless and the newbies half a break and hopefully work things out...as someone suggested, at least twice I waited until the 90th day to leave the neg so as not to receive the retaliatory neg back...

However, the second one was particularly infuriating...I did just that again, waited until the 90th day but I don't know if I miscalculated or as Point Five said, the 90-day time frame could be a little loose...and the "buyer" retaliated with a neg within a few hours of mine...this buyer (2 items for about $35) developed a pattern of not answering emails, then answering saying payment was sent, then me waiting and not receiving payment and requesting again, then him saying he had some type of problem, or forgot, and that payment was now definitely being sent etc. etc In the meantime, he purchased an early ASM (I think a #1 if I recall) for over $1000 and paid and they both recorded positive feedback...I gave him 2 or 3 opportunities to just announce he wanted to back out of the transaction and I would be cool with it and just wanted then to sell the books to someone else (I'm waaaay to patient)...anyway, it was pretty laughable...his neg stated "seller leaves neg while payment is being communicated/negotiated...3 f*@&ing months...

When I contacted eBay about the buyer never paying etc. and asked that the neg be removed, they said they couldn't do anything unless there was threatening or overtly insulting language in the body of the neg...

My 2c even though many will disagree and opinions as such have already been expressed, why should you punt your 100% positive for this azz hole? As has also been stated, they don't give a mess and it will be fairly meaningless to the rest of the ebay community...I'd report them to eBay definitely and see if anything happens (probably not)...you've outed them on the Boards so that is good for all of us here...you have 90 days to decide on the neg, but I would have the tendency to move on (I still feel on my last neg that the f*@&-head won...which is pretty lame and at some point nothing you can do about it...)

GOOD LUCK! Apologies for the long-winded post... :headbang: