• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: All Select Comics #2 (Winter 1943-44)

21 posts in this topic

Hello--

This is probably my 2nd favorite Cap cover (behind All Select #1 and in front of USA #7). Schomburg at his best (thumbs u There is something about Cap parachute covers and big machine guns a blazing! :cool:

Please give me your opinions on the grade from what you can gather from the scan. :popcorn:

Thanks!

All_Select__2_FC.jpg

I see what looks like some browning on the spine and a tiny corner off the LRHC. Maybe some soiling around the staple. All of that could be scan artefact, but with it I'd say 8.0 with some hesitation about the page quality. If the interior is significantly browned, maybe less. If that's only scan artefact, maybe nicer.

Structurally very nice.

I see what looks like some browning on the spine and a tiny corner off the LRHC. Maybe some soiling around the staple. All of that could be scan artefact, but with it I'd say 8.0 with some hesitation about the page quality. If the interior is significantly browned, maybe less. If that's only scan artefact, maybe nicer.

Structurally very nice.

Yup, an 8.0 from me for the same reasons.......sweet book..... (thumbs u

Thanks for the grades everyone...for the record, I purchased this copy (my 2nd at that time) from a Timely collector as a 4.5 (shrug) and I was thrilled when I received it.

I figured it to be vg/fn at best with the corner issues and the lower left spine (that looks like missing corner off cover and all pages?), etc...but it sure presents better...great book!

Thanks for the grades everyone...for the record, I purchased this copy (my 2nd at that time) from a Timely collector as a 4.5 (shrug) and I was thrilled when I received it.

I figured it to be vg/fn at best with the corner issues and the lower left spine (that looks like missing corner off cover and all pages?), etc...but it sure presents better...great book!

Oh no, that corner is sound, just a little rounded from what I recall :)

What are those white splotches all over the cover (for example on the plane lower right and near Torch's left foot)?

I figured someone would ask, and, frankly, I'm not sure.

They're on the comic? Production related? Weird. Luckily they get lost in the busyness of the cover art.

What are those white splotches all over the cover (for example on the plane lower right and near Torch's left foot)?

They're on the comic? Production related? Weird. Luckily they get lost in the busyness of the cover art.

Yeah, it's on the comic. I'd have to pull the book out to examine if it's production related. but, yah, the busy cover does not draw attention to it... :cool:

Yeah, it's on the comic. I'd have to pull the book out to examine if it's production related. but, yah, the busy cover does not draw attention to it... :cool:

Beautiful book by the way!

I agree with fishbone, USA 7 ahead of All Select 2, and the grade 7.5....Sweet book Ben!

Thanks Paul :grin: . Yah, Fish, you have a good point...but, just glad I own 'em both (thumbs u

Don't get me wrong....I friggin' LOVE #2 and hope to own it one day (my #1 needs a companion!). 4.5 you say ?? Well, we only have the FC scan to go with -- it presents VERY well!! Nice pick up dude!