• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

ink.jpg

From top left:

Tommy Castillo (Zombie Batman), Anthony Vargas (Veronica from Bad Kids go to Hell), Tim Seeley (Spiderman), Dan Leister (Cassie Hack), Bernard Chang (Wonder Woman), J. Linsner (Dawn), Ale Garza (Supergirl), Eric Powell (Goon), Ebas (Batman), Ken Haeser (Living Corpse), Erik Larsen (Savage Dragon), Tom Nguyen (Wonder Woman).

Just got a few pieces from Gary Shipman back from framing! Have a Spiderman with red matting that will go with the set coming soon.

These will go in the boy's room in a year or two when the get a bit older...comic themed room! For now, they're in the media room.

4928408262_15c3a9ffcb_b.jpg

4928408782_729da08d1a_b.jpg

4927812699_b945e794e5_b.jpg

4927813383_9aa8fe8c3b_b.jpg

4927813515_9ce4bbdc60_z.jpg

Totleben Swamp Thing 92

totst.jpg

I know this is old but when ever I think of a great frame job complimenting a great piece I think of this one.

Oh wow thanks.

This painting continues to be in my top 5 "never sell till there's no food in the cupboard" pieces.

As fresh on my wall as the memory of seeing ST92 the first time back in '93.

Totleben Swamp Thing 92

totst.jpg

I know this is old but when ever I think of a great frame job complimenting a great piece I think of this one.

Oh wow thanks.

This painting continues to be in my top 5 "never sell till there's no food in the cupboard" pieces.

You won't even have to sell then, there is always Food Stamps. Your paintings don't count as resources and the only thing counted from resources are interest earned.

What do you think is a good price for a Tony Moore Walking Dead Cover?

I would say it depends on the cover. You're looking at a minimum of 1.5-2K most likely, closer to 3-4K for one with zombies. The covers to issues 1-6 are not on the market and currently still in Tony's collection. I believe #19 is for sale for 4K, and most of the rest of his covers are already tucked away in private collections. Personally, I got a sweet deal on this #7 cover :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=371863&GSub=54386

Went through this whole thread again. Just a reminder of what the prices used to be.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

What do you think is a good price for a Tony Moore Walking Dead Cover?

I would say it depends on the cover. You're looking at a minimum of 1.5-2K most likely, closer to 3-4K for one with zombies. The covers to issues 1-6 are not on the market and currently still in Tony's collection. I believe #19 is for sale for 4K, and most of the rest of his covers are already tucked away in private collections. Personally, I got a sweet deal on this #7 cover :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=371863&GSub=54386

Went through this whole thread again. Just a reminder of what the prices used to be.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Indeed...... :sorry:

Just found this thread for the first time tonight and have really enjoyed thumbing through it. Sorry for my :censored: pictures, but these are the two pieces of OA currently decorating my office. I have several more, but these are the only two currently framed:

MJ sketch by Romita Sr. that was my wedding present from my wife:

MJ_framed.jpg

Sal Buscema pinup from Spectacular Spidey #223 (people run hot and cold on his work, but I have always really liked it and have several pages of his):

Buscema_Pinup.jpg

Totleben Swamp Thing 92

totst.jpg

Oh wow thanks.

You won't even have to sell then, there is always Food Stamps. Your paintings don't count as resources and the only thing counted from resources are interest earned.

I must say, that is quite an amazing piece of artwork. I normally shy away from anything but the pen and ink stuff but that cover is just plan AMAZING (worship)

Totleben Swamp Thing 92

totst.jpg

Oh wow thanks.

I must say, that is quite an amazing piece of artwork. I normally shy away from anything but the pen and ink stuff but that cover is just plan AMAZING (worship)

That's funny because I'm the exact opposite. I mostly steer clear of pen and ink. I guess it's because I'm less nostalgia driven than most comic art collector's and also there are some things that were painted like Marvel Masterpieces that were coming out when I younger.