• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

One of my favourite pages from Kingdom Come. I have never really read much of the Spectre books but I have always loved the look and the concept.

Apologies for the half-assed picture. Haven't hung the frame up yet,

IMG_4236.jpg

Got my Kubert "Weapon X" #1 cover from the Age of Apocalypse back from the framers. It took me a long time to figure out a way to frame it, since the cover actually has a clear overlay on it. I didn't want to frame it with the overlay though, because it covers a lot of the art. So, I framed the overlays next to the art on top of a copy of the art. I think it turned out nicely. And the extra space also allowed me to frame the small piece of art for the psychic effect seen around Jean Grey's hand on the cover. It's done in little drops of ink.

Anyway, I went with a black outer matte, then red and blue inner mattes to match their costumes. And I used a stainless steel frame, since I thought it popped and complimented the industrial feel of the story.

Weapon X #1 cover framed

Tommy

that joker piece is awesome! (worship) ...and the weapon x has freaking everything with it... it took me a minute to figure out the shotgun blast in the upper right corner... very nicely done! :headbang:

...and the weapon x has freaking everything with it... it took me a minute to figure out the shotgun blast in the upper right corner... very nicely done! :headbang:

Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't going to frame the art for the psychic effect, since the overlay it's done on is semi-opaque and obscures the art when in place. The layout of the frame ended up creating some blank space though, so I thought I'd just frame it along with everything else. I think it looks much better this way than with simply leaving more of the matte showing and I really didn't like framing out any original art anyway.

Tommy

I've had this cover a long time. I had it framed for most of the time it's been in my possession, but last year I took most of the artwork off my walls while my house was being put up for sale.

As we're now poised to move house in the near future, it's time to get artworks back into their old frames . . .

2q30ob9.jpg

John Severin ALARMING TALES # 6 (last issue), November 1958

I've had this cover a long time. I had it framed for most of the time it's been in my possession, but last year I took most of the artwork off my walls while my house was being put up for sale.

As we're now poised to move house in the near future, it's time to get artworks back into their old frames . . .

2q30ob9.jpg

John Severin ALARMING TALES # 6 (last issue), November 1958

Nice 50's scifi cover!

Just recently got some stuff framed up... the Snuperman need a bit of work, I was thinking of using some black carstock behind it since the size is a bitt off.

Signed Dave Johnson Print.

100_0823.jpg

Nestor Celario Hulk Cover Recreation

100_0821.jpg

Matthew Southworth Snuperman Watercolors

100_0822.jpg

And the whole wall... can not believe my fiance let me put these in the living room :whee:

100_0816.jpg

A few of my pages that I've had framed:

Proof #21 pp 4-5 DPS by Riley Rossmo

img1745u.jpg

Wonderful Wizard of Oz unused cover rough by Skottie Young

img1744e.jpg

Hellboy watercolour by Gerald Parel

img1742zi.jpg

Parker pin-up by Darwyn Cooke

img1743cn.jpg

It's easy enough assuming you have it posted on-line somewhere like ComicArtFans

• In your browser, go to the "somewhere" and right click on the image. You will get a choice in the contextual menu that says something like "Copy image URL".
  • Select "Copy image URL"
  • Come to the Collector's Society Original Art Forum.
  • Select your thread of interest.
  • Go to the reply box.
  • Select "Switch to Full Reply Screen"
  • Click on the third icon from the left above the box. If you hover your pointer over it, the tool tip will say "Enter an image"
  • Paste the URL into the box
  • Click on "OK"
  • Click on "Preview Post" to see what you have done.
  • If you like it, hit "Submit." If not, correct and retry.

You'll see the instructions embedded in your message which means that you can memorize them and avoid the switch to the "Full Reply" screen.

And one just because I like it, here's one of mine. Consider being forced to look at it as the cost of the lesson. :)

DSC01559.JPG

You can read about how I ended up with the front and back cover of this Sheldon Mayer treasure by clicking here