• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

I think i just messed my pants seeing all those cool framed Green Lantern pieces, especially the MD Bright Emerald Dawn #1 cover! I've been trying to find Em. Dawn OA for years and can't find any at all.

Thanks for all your kind words! BaronV, if there was one cover I ever dreamed of owning, it was Emerald Dawn #1. I also messed my pants when I found out A.) where it was and B.) I could buy it! When I had MD Bright do a commission for me a few years back via e-mail, I asked about Emerald Dawn art, and he told me he had the cover to #1 sitting in his closet for almost 15 years! He said he would not sell it, so I was bummed. But a few days later he e-mailed me and said he would let it go if I wanted it. *Bam*...pants messed!

And the Rebirth, Sinestro Corps and Blackest Night covers were all bought sight-unseen, months before they were even drawn! I had no idea when I started buying with Rebirth that GL would be the best it has ever been...just got lucky!

The Framer I have used on all my art is one of the best...she has done all the mat cuts and I have driven her nuts with them, but over the years she has gotten exceptional at doing them!

Edited by mnaulge

Thanks for all your kind words! BaronV, if there was one cover I ever dreamed of owning, it was Emerald Dawn #1. I also messed my pants when I found out A.) where it was and B.) I could buy it! When I had MD Bright do a commission for me a few years back via e-mail, I asked about Emerald Dawn art, and he told me he had the cover to #1 sitting in his closet for almost 15 years! He said he would not sell it, so I was bummed. But a few days later he e-mailed me and said he would let it go if I wanted it. *Bam*...pants messed!

And the Rebirth, Sinestro Corps and Blackest Night covers were all bought sight-unseen, months before they were even drawn! I had no idea when I started buying with Rebirth that GL would be the best it has ever been...just got lucky!

The Framer I have used on all my art is one of the best...she has done all the mat cuts and I have driven her nuts with them, but over the years she has gotten exceptional at doing them!

The only other Emerald Dawn cover that could topple the one for #1 would be #6; that one I'd break the bank on if it was available since that series wa one that got me hooked on the GL character as a kid.

Does anyone know a dealer or sellers that have MD Bright Green Lantern pages? When I looked at the artist's site it didn't list any pages from the series available and I've never seen one pop-up on eBay or other dealer sites.

I've been looking at one piece from the original GL series' "Road Home" but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.

If I remember right, MD Does not have any art left (since I was also looking for the splash page of Hal Jordan coming out of the Battery at the end of ED screaming "Guardians!")...and unfortunatly I have seen not a whole lot pop up...but I have seen a Cover on www.romitaman.com at one point not to long ago...and you won't believe this, but it was the cover to Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn #6! You maybe can contact him and he could put you in touch with whoever bought it from him?

And the Road Back art? Good luck...I know for a fact that Pat Broderick has no art, and if anyone knows where the cover to #1 is, please let me know!!!!!!!!!!

BaronV, I may be selling the cover to Green Lantern #5 (Vol. 3) by Pat Broderick...let me know if you have interest...!

Thanks for the offer mnaulge, but I'm pretty much aiming for some MD Bright ED or the Green Lantern special pages since those were among my initial Green Lantern comics. I'm patient though, I've spent too much on some OA art this year that I should've backed off on.