• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why cant I find a high grade GI Joe 21??

191 posts in this topic

Actually, It was the so called edge wear that was the deciding factor in the grade. Ill probaly keep it graded as is. So my quest continues for a 9.8...... frown.gif

Good luck - I myself just got one of the GI Joe Special books to see what it was about (death of Cobra Commander) - it is MacFarlane art, but is the cover MacFarlane? or a good imitation..there are two names in a yellow box on the lower right corner of the cover? What do you Joe experts say about this?

BTW my Joe special would grade an 8.0 - 8.5 - reading vopy...

I think you might be on to something Darth. My guess is that the cover is a good knockoff of McFarlane Spidey art. I feel duped now..... my copy would grade betwwen 9.4-9.6 depending on the Moons gravitational pull that day! smirk.gif

Dungeon, I think you can call and get the 3 grades given by the separate graders that went into making up the composite grade of your Joe 21 9.6.

If it got 2 9.6s and a 9.8, it's a much better possible resub than 2 9.6s and a 9.4.

I see youre bidding on Knob's (Time Travelers) copy of Joe #1 9.8. Its useless, he wont sell the thing for under 400. I have a copy that I can part with now that is an easy 9.6. im working on getting an ungraded copy thats a sure fire 9.8 so my current copy is expendable. D- cool.gif