• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why cant I find a high grade GI Joe 21??

191 posts in this topic

thanks but I am only collecting super high grade copies of the first thirty GI joes from the 1980s right now. If you have any of those I may be interested! D-

I just collect the first 30 because they were the really good stories. After that they started doing the heavy sell on the hokey Hasbro toy line....super neon aqua space special trooper and like that. So I only got the Freakiness for the first 30 issues as someone here puts it! laugh.gif

I guess it was doing good up to that far but I just didnt like the stupid Serpentor thing. I was hooked up to the point when Storm Shadow figured out who killed the Hard master. Then they started the whole Serpentor debacle. silly.

I'm still on my hoarding campaign tongue.gif I'll let you know when I get some more HG copies. I received my raw #5 & #15 in the mail the other day and will be submitting those soon with my next batch of books. laugh.gif

This is from the same collection that I bought which received all 9.6's! shocked.gif .

This guy is a real cool guy, his ebay user ID is "chromium-man" Nice guy tongue.gif He sold the #1 from the same collection that received a 9.8 White for $250. I bought all of his Joes so...hahaha

Just as a GI Joe side note... I got a copy of #1 (first series) the other day for a dollar that is absolutely AMAZING. And I don't mean relative to costing a dollar or relative to its age. I mean this book is FLAWLESS... it doesn't even look like it's been opened. I almost peed myself when I opened the box. Can't wait to get this'un graded!

The first prints have either the barcode or the black and white Spider-man in the bottom left hand corner. The reprints of the first 21 issues have the all black spiderman and usually a 75 cent pricetag. The reprints also state the second or third printing on the bottom of the splash page. Hope this helps! D-

The first prints have either the barcode or the black and white Spider-man in the bottom left hand corner.

This one's a barcode, baby!

Darth, you scared the hell out of me there. I mean, what a waste of a dollar!

Since I've sold them, I don't have it to look at, but I had an issue #3 I think, that did not have 2nd print stated anywhere on the splash page, and appeared like all the others as to bar code, but it made me nervous because when you got to the monthly checklist at the back, it was suggesting that issue #8 or 9 was the current issue. There were no other giveaways, but I flagged it in the auction listing as "potential 2nd Print, can't verify, bid accordingly."