• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why cant I find a high grade GI Joe 21??

191 posts in this topic

I know man!!! Its sooo close. My 9.8 #4 has a F'ing fold on the bottom corner and that got a 9.8!!! Most of the people who saw the #21 say that it may get a 9.8 because the rest of the book is near perfect. Lets just hope the graders are in a good mood. Damn...I should have put a few 20 dollar bills in the book as insurance! (the Darth way)

By the way, I know a guy in my area "Time Travelers comics" that has a stack of MINT Defenders #1s that he has been storing for 30 years. Not joking.

Yes he is....He may be a shyster but he has a ton of good books in his basement. He wants 400 for the #1 huh? Riiiiiiiiiiiipppppppp offffff ...there are bound to be 100 9.8s of GI Joe #1 due to its indestructible cover. By the way...did you get my comparison scans? whatdaya think?

Baxter paper.....you could throw that book against the wall and it wont damage the spine. well, not literally but its a lot harder to mess up compared to any other issue of the series. My guess is that in 5 years or less there will be over 60 graded 9.8 and maybe a few 9.9s too.

Hey now. Mike from Time Travelers is an ok guy. (not a knob) I go to his shop for my new books (which are usually nice looking copies NM+ or better off the rack). He is apparently trying to make as much money off of newbies as he can on his CGC books. Eventually, he and Fred Karger will have to lower their prices if they want to move their books. And they will as they are businessmen first, collectors second. Time Travelers usually does lower the price after several unsuccessfull attempts at higher prices. I have yet to see Fred Karger do that.