• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20 cent listing day tomorrow the 13th on eBay for U.S.

14 posts in this topic

Sound like a pre-emptive move by eBay to combat the strike called by irate sellers due recently announced fee and feedback changes. They had set the dates for the strike as 18-25 Feb. This would move weekly closings into that window...

Jim

Pretty obvious attempt to keep total listing counts up during the week of the boycott. They'll point to the numbers and say that the boycott was a non-event driven by a very loud but very tiny segment of their customer base.

I must admit I am curious to see what the net effect of the boycott, if any, is going to be.

They should delay the strike until after the 22, I don't think eBay will do another 20 cent listing day again in 10 days.

:makepoint:And natch.. Wednesday is like the worst day for auctions. If they really want to say something why not discount listings for Sunday?

THey always give these specials on the worse days for auctions. :blahblah:rantrant

Pretty obvious attempt to keep total listing counts up during the week of the boycott. They'll point to the numbers and say that the boycott was a non-event driven by a very loud but very tiny segment of their customer base.

I must admit I am curious to see what the net effect of the boycott, if any, is going to be.

Got a link about the "strike"?

One of the listing trackers shows a big spike in the number of listings because of the special price today.

So much for the boycott.

Vast majority of those listings are 7 day auctions meaning they run during the begining of the planned boycott period.

So next Monday, during this so called seller revolt, look for ebay to announce listings have actually increased over the previous week.