• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Advice On Ebay Situation

20 posts in this topic

I won this auction for 60 ASM on Jan 16th - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170183683216&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

One month later I still don't have my books. The seller gave me a positive immediately after recieving payment. I didn't contact the seller about the books until I recieved this message:

Hello,

I had your package returned to me due to insufficient postage. I will resend your package tomorrow morning. Sorry for the problem, as you are the last remaining open item from my previous sales.

All the best,

Greg

I sent him a message saying not to worry about it, these things happen... yada yada yada. On the 12th of February I still hadn't recieved them so I emailed him. He replied:

Dear herodreamer_collectibles,

Good morning,

Ugh, I knew this box was going to be a problem. I sent the package out on 2/1/08 via parcel post since it was 11lbs. The total shipping was $18.71 and I received a tracking number from the automated post kisok #04879323418032058582. I checked on the USPS website, but there is no update. I will try to start an investigation today as to where it is.

Sorry for the problems,

Greg

I checked the site and it tells me to "expect my shipment for mailing" but it has taken me a month to recieve these books. It came up last monday that I have to move (which I am doing this weekend). I can still get mail here til the end of the month but I'm worried about not recieving the books. And then what? I also leave in a month on deployment so I feel like I have a limited time to act on this..especially if I need to file something with paypal. Honestly, I don't really feel like the guy is screwing me and I do not like to neg people (or file Paypal complaints for that matter) but I do not want to get screwed out of $40. Thoughts?

If you've paid via CC with PayPal, go that route and get a reversal. If you were depending on PayPal's protection policy, there are certain rules that apply. Bottom line is you don't want to wait too long b/c some of the more scummier eBay sellers may pull this one. I doubt it though as it's "only" $40.

If you've paid via check, MO, or non CC route...then grin and bear it...and have your mail forwarded to the new address if you have to move.

"The U.S. Postal Service has received electronic notification from our Automated Postal Center (APC) in ASTORIA, NY 11105 on February 1, 2008 to expect your shipment for mailing."

This is what I get when I put the tracking number in USPS.com. I'm wondering if the "expect your shipment for mailing" means that he printed out the postage but has yet to send it..which would be ridiculous since it's been two weeks.

How come he states $10 priority if you got parcel?

This could of fit into a flat rate box easy for $9

Dunno

This is really seeming fishy to me but I really don't want to file with paypal..get the money back from him...then have the books show up. I'm going to wait until at least next week. If I don't feel good about it by then I'm going to contact paypal.

I've replied to him with"

"hey Greg...I brought up the USPS page and it says "The U.S. Postal Service has received electronic notification from our Automated Postal Center (APC) in ASTORIA, NY 11105 on February 1, 2008 to expect your shipment for mailing". That looks to me like the "shipment" has not been recieved by the USPS yet. I don't know what to do about this. I'm moving this weekend and while I can still recieve mail at my current address...I am deploying in a few weeks. I have a limited time to get this problem solved. You have great feedback and want to give you the benefit of the doubt but if I don't get the books before the 45 day limit is up I'm going to have to file a claim with Paypal. Please don't feel like this is a threat..it's just giving you heads up. I'd love to still get the books and give you a positve feedback for ensuring the books get through. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the internet and I have to protect myself. Hope everything works out for the best."

I think it was cordial enough because I feel like he may be trying to get it through...although there is the feeling that something just isn't right. I don't know...I've never really had a bad experience on ebay yet..though i'm sure it's bound to happen. I don't know...I'm going to see what he says and hold off to next week. I don't want to screw over somebody who may be trying to do that right thing. At the same time if I did get the money back then recieved the books...I would send the payment out again. Should I mention that to him...just to keep things friendly?

Yeah, the same has happened to me - I've received my package and the site still shows no progress until a day or two after I get it. USPS is not as good as others in tracking the packages all the way through. Nevertheless, it's probably still a good idea to put down an ultimatum and discuss canceling the whole thing and asking for a refund since time is your worst enemy here.

Update on the situation...

I got a postage slip saying I missed the delivery of a package today. This is the only package I'm currently waiting on so I assume this is it. But of course there is still something...The slip says that I owe $8.79 for postage. I paid $10 for the postage and the first time it came back to him he said that he had to resend it because the postage was $18.79. I didn't even know you could pay partial postage requiring the recepient to pay for the rest. Well...I'm pissed. After waiting 5 weeks for these books then having to pay this extra shipping without even being asked...i think i have a right to be. If I have to pay this to pick up my package I'm going to ask him to refund it to me. I doubt he will though and I feel that I will have to dish out my first negative. I know it's just a few bucks but I think it's wrong. What do you guys think?

talk first...neg later..if needed.....sounds like a flakey person,but since ya got your pos feedback,you have no worries to email him and ask for a paypal reversal for the difference yo paid for the shipping..actually,you can contact paypal they have a telephone #..google it.....and dispute the sale/trans...you should never have to pay additional shipping once a sale is confirmed and paid with paypal...the burden falls on the seller......

talk first...neg later..if needed.....sounds like a flakey person,but since ya got your pos feedback,you have no worries to email him and ask for a paypal reversal for the difference yo paid for the shipping..actually,you can contact paypal they have a telephone #..google it.....and dispute the sale/trans...you should never have to pay additional shipping once a sale is confirmed and paid with paypal...the burden falls on the seller......

Ditto what he said. And also, just so you guys know...I sell a ton of comics on eBay and use USPS Delivery Confirmation for every package I send. So, I can tell you from experience that when you pull up the tracking number on the USPS website, about 90% of the time it shows either that generic message about expecting to receive the package or even another generic message "there is no record of this tracking number"! You will get one of these messages right up until the package is delivered. Only after the package is delivered will you get any information about the delivery. Pretty frustrating but I've grown used to it. What happens is that nobody will bother to scan the delivery confirmation bar code on the package until they HAVE to...which is at the time of delivery. doh!

Your seller has a problem. He charges for one mail services and ships it the cheaper method. In this case he lied even more. He said it was returned to him postage due, he should have put the correct amount on and shipped it. He obviuosly didn't do that. Go to the Post Office, pay the $$ to get the books, get a reciept. File a claim with paypal, ask for the postage back that you just paid. I promise you they will get it from him or pay for it themselves. But, file the claim, don't wait another minute. As soon as the books are in you hands file it.

So this situation still isn't quite done...I paid the extra $8.79 and got my books. They showed up amazingly well for the packing job he did. I emailed him letting him know I paid it and to send the refund. With no response I emailed him 2 days later. Still no response...another email 2 days later telling him that I've had enough of this transaction and if he didn't refund my money or at least email me by sunday (3 days later) I was just going to neg him. Now that Sunday has come and gone with no response, I feel like i have no choice. I'm surprised that he never even emailed as he had decent communication before the books were recieved. I think he feels that he had to pay too much to ship it for me and doesn't want to refund the difference...if he would have at least emailed me we may have worked it out. I have never negged anybody before so I just want to make sure I'm not out of line before I do so.

HeroDreamer - PM me your address. I will send what ever comics I have from that series to you at no charge. Just my little way of saying thanks for serving our country.

That is one heck of nice thing to offer. (worship)

It certainly was. Thanks again Brian!

actually, he's sending it the more expensive way! at that weight and size, parcel is usually more expensive, and slower, than priority flat rate box.

though it might be that with all the annuals and bags and boards, 60 comics might be a tight squeeze for the flat rate box, but it should be under $10 with confirmation.