• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pink pages?

35 posts in this topic

If you want low production values, look to Fox books for a GA example and Charlton for a BA example. I'm surprised those books don't collapse into piles of dust just from looking at them,

If all the copies are printed on pink paper,I don't understand that designation.

Are there two versions?

Yes, as a fairly new collector of these books I have learned that some copies have pink pages and others have white. I haven't quite figured out the ratio though but I have seen the same issue with white and another with pink particularily with the Phantom Lady books.

There are also grey-blue pages that are usually referred to as "blue" pages.

once read somewhere that the Pink Pages get brittle quicker than white paper stock...

CAL hm

Fox paper is of generally poor quality but I've not noticed a difference between the various colors such that pink are predominantly worse.

once read somewhere that the Pink Pages get brittle quicker than white paper stock...

CAL hm

Fox paper is of generally poor quality but I've not noticed a difference between the various colors such that pink are predominantly worse.

Makes me wonder if pink paper causes the interior covers to tan differently? I honestly have no idea as to the difference, if any in the PH and acid levels.

Just curious if you ever saw noticeable difference between the effect regular or pink newsprint has on a cover.

CAL hm

Makes me wonder if pink paper causes the interior covers to tan differently? I honestly have no idea as to the difference, if any in the PH and acid levels.

Just curious if you ever saw noticeable difference between the effect regular or pink newsprint has on a cover.

I'm not comfortable that I've seen I've seen enough issues to make any definitive statement, just saying that I haven't yet seen evidence that would make nervous about pink or blue pages. I do pay careful attention to page quality and aging on comics so I am likely to have noticed it if it were very common.

What is bad PQ for a book like this? Off-Pink? Magenta? How would you ever know?

Good question....I've never seen a Fox book of this type with any other PQ designation. Be happy to see some examples if there are any, though.

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/CGCWhiteness/

I was wondering when STU was going to show up

I would be insulted if he forgot about me...

CAL who won't forget

Fox book from this era often mix their cover stocks also. I know there are a number of books that exist with both gloss cover stock, and regular paper covers. I think the printers just grabbed whatever paper was handy to finish out the run.

I've obsessed in the past over this, and even wished out loud that somebody with a large collection of late 40s-early 50s Fox books would come up with an index of what comics had what types of covers.

I know there are some books, like Blue Beetle 52, that exist with both types of covers. Any others?