• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15

48 posts in this topic

That's what surprised me. Heck I might as well post a pic as this is up on ebay anyways.

20b3_3.jpg

Dang that was too fast. My gut said 3.0 despite the spine and BC because, as Pointfive stated, the image area is quite nice. no chipping, no big creases, pretty much just a nasty spine, but even that doesn't extent too far out into the central image. the BC is a mess but it is the BC afterall.

oh, and this book does seem to get the kidglove treatment, afterall............. ;)

hm

To me the staple areas were the main problem with a 3.0...it does look like that kind of book where you can't even open the cover all the way because the paper at the staple areas will give at the faintest stress. Especially the top staple area, which just looks beat to death. Other than that and the worn ULC, it's a nice-looking lower-grade copy, and in fairness, it may have more eye appeal than the somewhat muddy photos are showing us.

While I understand why folks feel it should be a lower grade I would also say that 3 is consistent with CGC grading, so I'm not surprised at all. For me it would depend on what it was like to actually open the cover. If it is literally falling apart at the seams then 3 is bogus but obviously its hard to tell once its enslabbed.

I recall one time that I had a CGC 1.8 AF #15 (that I bought already slabbed), that I thought was WAY undergraded. I resubbed it and it came back 2.5.

This copy the same thing could happen for whoever the current owner is, although I think the conservative grade is 2.0.